This article will give you every detail that you need about the MSc in Nutritional Sciences in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards for the 2022/2023 academic year.
For so many international candidates who are interested in the application for the Masters Degree programme in the named field of study in the institution, you have to take this information very serious.
Before you can apply for any programme in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL), it necessary that you should look out for the basic entry requirements and other important information about your chosen profession as stated by the school management.
The information presented in this article is going to guide you to know the specific direction that you are going about the courses. It will also help you to have a clear vision of what you are about to do.
Kindly go through this post if you are one of the candidates for the Masters Degree programme in Nutritional Sciences in University of Calabria (UNICAL) for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Overview of the MSc in Nutrition Science in University of Calabria
Here’s a brief summary of the Masters’ Degree programme in Nutritional Sciences in University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards For The 2022/2023 Academic Year.
Duration: 2 years
Start date: October 1, 2022.
Total number of hours (number of ECTS credits): 3000 hours (120 ECTS credits)
Before you can be offered admission into MSc prograamme in Nutritional Sciences in the University of Calabria (UNICAL) for the 2022-2023 academic year, you have to possess the following basic qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in: Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, Medicine and Surgery, Veterinary Medicine and / or equivalent.
- Degree in: Nutritional Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technologies, Biotechnologies, Biological Sciences, Agricultural and Food Sciences and Technologies, Chemical Sciences and Technologies and / or equivalent.
Context of the Programme
The Master’s Degree course in Nutritional Sciences stems from careful improvements made to the degree currently offered by the University of Calabria.
The major objective of the programme is to meet the demands of an innovative training programme as part of the policy for developing the internationalization process envisaged by the Project “Department of Excellence” (Law 232/2016).
Notwithstanding, the training pathway seeks to enhance its continuity with the educational programme of the Bachelor Degree in Nutrition Sciences offered by the same university.
The programme is also targeted at attracting graduates from other fields (e.g., biologists, biotechnologists etc.); on the other, its English-Medium-Instruction (EMI) curriculum ensures that a wider spectrum of graduates willing to work in this specific field achieve an adequate tertiary- level preparation, which will allow them to pursue their careers at an international level.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes of the Programme
The Master’s Degree course in Nutritional Sciences is characterized by a strong interdisciplinary nature of its educational pathway, which is tailored to train professionally complex figures, such as Nutritionists, who are expected to operate in multiple occupational fields.
The overall learning objective is to train a professional figure as a non- medical nutritionist, with in-depth knowledge in the following fields:
- The influence of food and nutrients on health at molecular-level; their role in the prevention of diseases with high epidemiological impact (e.g., chronic degenerative diseases);
- The nutritional value of micro and macro nutrients of Mediterranean Diet food, as a model of health pedagogy, thus allowing the prevention of a wide spectrum of chronic-degenerative pathologies featuring the epidemiology of the Third Millennium.
The specific skills which will be acquired upon completion of the course include:
- Evaluation of the chemical characteristics of nutrients, their bioavailability in food and food supplements, their modifications by technological and biotechnological processes and their biological effects.
- Checking of proper food intake to reach the recommended levels of nutrients to maintain a healthy state.
- Application of the main laboratory techniques for assessing nutrition state, in relation to macro and micronutrients and knowledge on how to interpret results according to the clinical-physio-pathological corr elates.
- Design of dietary techniques depending on the different endocrine-metabolic pathophysiology conditions.
- Collaboration in food consumption surveys aimed at monitoring the nutritional trends of the population.
- Application of methods to assess food quality and safety and its suitability for human consumption.
- Collaboration in accreditation and surveillance procedures of clinical laboratories and health facilities for food preparation, storage and distribution.
- Information and education of institutional operators and of the general population on food safety principles
The programme is going to be dealing with the following topics:
- Nutrigenomics, nutrients and cellular processes
- Food science and food supplements
- Biochemistry of applied nutrition
- Laboratory of Food Commodities
- Applied human nutrition
- Food toxicology
- Anatomy of the gastroenteric apparatus
- Clinical microbiology laboratory
Employability and Careers
Some candidates could be wondering, with all the interesting areas of concentration for the programme, where are they going to work at the end of the programme?
The truth is, the Masters Degree Programme in Nutritional Sciences in the University of Calabria (UNICAL) will expose to diverse ideas that would be highly demanding in different fields.
Graduates in Nutritional Sciences can work as Nutritionists in:
- Public and / or private health institutions: in the context of international, national and regional health programmes, participation in projects for the prevention of health conditions and design and management of nutritional assessment and surveillance programmes.
- Food, dietary and pharmaceutical companies: design, development and enhancement of food products with high nutritional impact (functional foods); management of labeling and information relating to nutrition and health claims; development of certification systems.
- Catering and hospital catering companies: implementation of integrated management systems to ensure quality of the services offered.
- Co-management of food control and analysis laboratories, as well as testing of new technologies for new foods.
Recommended Scholarship Awards
Start your application at: University Of Calabria (Italian: Università Della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards.
Please do well to share this information to others