The application for Reach Oxford Scholarship Program 2023/2024 is currently ongoing. The deadline for the application has been slated to be on the 16th October, 2023. All undergraduate student who meet the complete eligibility criteria are advised to apply.
The Reach Oxford Scholarship Program is special opportunity for student from over 200 countries to study in the United Kingdom under fully funded scholarship. The scholarship is only for undergraduate students who has just secured admission into the University of Oxford.
If you are interested in study in the Oxford University under scholarship award, this is an important opportunity that you cannot afford to miss. Kindly take advantage of the information contained in this article for your application.
About Reach Oxford Scholarship Program
A number of Reach Oxford scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) are offered to students from low-income countries who, for political or financial reasons, or because suitable educational facilities do not exist, cannot study for a degree in their own countries.
Students should note they must apply for admission to the University before they can be considered for a Reach Oxford Scholarship. The University is unable to consider any scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place at Oxford. The University is not responsible for the content of external sites advertising the scheme and would encourage applicants to read the following details to check their eligibility.
Eligibility For Application
To qualify for the application of the Reach Oxford Scholarship, there are certain eligibility criteria that you must meet. They are explained below:
Nationality: Applicants must be nationals of countries who receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Countries that are eligible for the scholarship are as follow:
Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Rep.; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.;
Costa Rica; Côte d’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Eswatini; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Rep.; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar;
Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States; Moldova; Mongolia; Montenegro; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; North Macedonia; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines;
Rwanda; Saint Helena; Samoa; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Serbia; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and Grenadines; Sudan; Suriname; Syria; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Level of study: Undergraduate
Year of study: New Students
Institutions that offer Reach Oxford Scholarship Programs
Not all colleges are able to offer Reach Oxford Scholarships every year. If you are accepted by a college that is not participating in the scheme, this will not prevent you from applying for and being awarded a scholarship. If your application is successful, arrangements will be made to transfer you between colleges.
Courses Available for the scholarship
The undergraduate courses that are available for application include:
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- Foundation Year (Humanities)
- Foundation Year (Law)
- Foundation Year (Physical Sciences)
- Foundation Year (PPE)
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy (all joint courses except PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Theology and Religion
This scheme is only suitable for candidates who have received an offer and who are of the highest academic ability. Financial need, social commitment and lack of ability to study for a degree in their own country are also major criteria for selection. Applicants should be intending to return to their country following their studies. Priority will be given to students who have not studied at undergraduate level before.
How to Apply for Reach Oxford Scholarship
- You must make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2023, and be successful in gaining a place.
- Details on how to apply for a scholarship for 2024 entry will be made available on this page in January 2024.
- For 2024 entry applicants who apply by the 7 February 2024 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2024.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2024
Note: Applications for 2024 entry will open in January 2024.
You May Also Like:
What the Scholarship Covers
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length|
|Value:||Course fees, a grant for living costs and one return air fare per year|
|Number:||Around 2-3 awards per year|
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- If you hold an offer for deferred entry for an undergraduate course at Oxford, and you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your Oxford course (eg in January 2024 if you hold an offer to start in October 2024). We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.
- If you are applying for Oxford’s Astrophoria Foundation Year Programme and you’d like to apply for this scholarship to support your undergraduate degree course (after the completion of your Foundation Year), please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your undergraduate degree course (eg in January 2025 if you intend to progress in October 2025). We will contact all students when enrolled on their Foundation Year to confirm for which scholarships they can apply for their undergraduate course. We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.
I hope you have found this article helpful. In case of any other inquiries about Reach Oxford Scholarship Program 2023/2024, kindly make use of the comment section below this article.