Do you desire to change from your job to a better one or do you want to get high paying job? Take this opportunity very serious?
The Gemstone Microfinance has come up again with another amazing job opportunity. The Gemstone Microfinance is inviting all suitably qualified candidates for application for the position of Software Engineer.
If you know that this is your area of specialisation or that you have a good knowledge of software management, kindly send your application to Gemstone Microfinance.
Go through post to see detailed information about the job and how you can apply.
About Gemstone Microfinance
Gemstone Digital Solutions is a Subsidiary of Gemstone Microfinance, Gemstone Microfinance is a non-bank agricultural microfinance cooperative society. It is a registered national member of the Association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institutions of Nigeria (AMFIN). The society is also registered and regulated in every state where it currently operates.
With an annual turnover of N4 Billion, the financial services arm (RC: 1587936) of Gemstone Microfinance has been instrumental to the success stories recorded by it’s over 46,000 active members in the last two years of operation.
In its two years of operation, Gemstone Microfinance has provided over N3 Billion in credits to its members in the agricultural business sector across its fifty-five (55) branches in twenty-eight (28) states and the Federal Capital Territory.
The society’s main focus has been the development of the crop and livestock production, logistics, food processing and retail subsectors.
Area of Specialisation: Software Engineer (Backend)
Job Field: ICT/ Computer
Industry: Banking and Financial Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Qualification: Minimum HND
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Experiences Needed: 2-5 years
What the Company Wants From Prospective Employee
- A result-driven and analytical software engineer (backend) who will troubleshoot and improve existing backend applications and processes.
- He or she will use his or her special knowledge of programming tools and languages to analyze current codes, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems and create more ideal experiences for users.
Details of Your Operations in the Company
- You are expected to work with a team other software engineers to build new product features and accentuates, while resolving some of the issues in financial analysis, machine learning, payments systems, and infrastructure scaling.
- Building internal and external interfaces (API) for a diverse set of touchpoints, while also consuming other 3rd party interfaces.
- You are to collaborate with product designers, product managers, and the rest of the team to bring to life new experiences for customers of the company.
- You are expected to on scaling our backend infrastructure on AWS, including writing automation scripts and technical documentation within the system.
- You must be able to contribute to the development of the engineering standards, tooling, and processes in Gemstone Microfinance.
Qualifications for the Job
- You must have had up to 3 years’ working experience in the development of backend software applications, web or mobile applications, and public-facing APIs.
- Applicants should have deep-rooted knowledge of writing software in Python. Good knowledge of Django and other Python frameworks will be preferred most, including experience with caching, queuing, and asynchronous tasks and frameworks.
- Applicant should be experienced in production Apps on Linux environments and self-confidence in this area is special advantage.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background.
- Experience with containers, and container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Outstanding experience software engineering tools, software development methodology, TDD, and release processes is a special advantage for securing the job.
- Good Knowledge of Python web frameworks (Django, Flask, Falcon)
- Working knowledge of Database Systems (Mysql, Postgres)
- Good experience in using Linux commands (centos or ubuntu)
- Familiarity with uwsgi, gunicorn, nginx and apache
- Ability to use git
- Good understanding of REST principles and a fair understanding of building RESTful APIs with Django rest framework
- Familiarity with Oauth2 and JWT Authentication
- Bonus points for Celery, Redis, Memcache, Docker, RabbitMQ
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV to: [email protected], using ‘Software Engineer’ as the subject of email.
Activate your notification handle on this site to be receiving timely updates on any current job opportunities.