This is another opportunity for you if you have been waiting for time that the application for NNPC/CHEVRON JV Undergraduate Scholarship for the 2023/2024 academic session will begin.
The CHEVRON Nigeria Limited (CNL) in alliance with its Joint-Venture (JV), the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is currently accepting application from all the suitably qualified undergraduate students from Nigerian Universities for their 2023 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship program.
Interested applicants should submit their applications through the appropriate application portal. This article is specially prepared for those who would like to apply for the 2023 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship program.
You are expected to read this article carefully to the end to see the requirements for the application, eligibility criteria, benefits of the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship, how to apply and other basic information that you would require about the program.
About NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
CHEVRON is a multinational energy corporation which operates a Joint-Venture treaty with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for the onshore and the offshore assets in the Niger Delta Region of the country.
In its efforts to engage Nigerians and support education, the CHEVRON Nigeria Limited has been running the undergraduate scholarship program over the years.
This is foster effective learning at different levels in the tertiary institutions in Nigeria. One of such scholarship program is the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship which is meant to support undergraduate students in the Nigerian tertiary institutions who are currently in their 200 level and above.
This academic grant is only given to those who possess the necessary requirements as stipulated by the Management of CHEVRON Nigerian Limited.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR NNPC SCHOLARSHIPS?
This merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States
General Requirements/Eligibility for Application of NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
Undergraduate who are interested in the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship for the 2023 are expected to note and possess the following requirements before they start the application.
- The applicant must have at least five (5) credits pass in their O’level result and it must be one sitting.
- The applicant must have gotten admission into any Nigerian recognized university
- The applicant must have not less than 3.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) on a scale of 5.0
- The applicant must have completed his or her first year in the university (that is, second year (200 level) students and above are qualified to apply)
- The applicant must be a full-time student in any Nigerian university
Application Requirements/Eligibility for Visually Disabled Students
Undergraduate students who are blind are given this special privilege to apply for the 2023 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship with the following requirements:
- Minimum of five (5) credits pass in their O’level
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level (as at January 2023) or possess proof of admission into Undergraduate programme in the 2020/2021 academic session
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International.
- Minimum of 2.5 CGPA on a scale of 5.0
- Should be in 200 level and above
Documents Acceptable for Application of the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
Applicants are expected to submit the following documents during their applications for the 2023 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship:
- JAMB Admission Letter
- School Identity Card or Valid means of school identification
- Passport Photograph (white background not older than three months).
- Transcript or Result statement that is signed and stamped by the applicant’s department in confirmation of his or her current CGPA.
- WAEC/NECO Result
- UTME/DE Result and
- Finally, court Affidavit (where applicable)
Note: While submitting above documents, make sure that each scanned document size does not exceed 150kb and the total size of the entire documents to be submitted does not exceed 750kb.
Departments Eligible to Apply for the 2023 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
The 2023 NNPC/CHEVRON Undergraduate Scholarship is specially designed for some departments in Nigerian Universities. If you know that you offer any of the under listed courses, it implies that you are eligible to apply for the 2023 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship. The courses are:
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
How to Apply for NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
In this section of the article, I will be guiding you on the step by step on how to start and finish the application of the 2023 NNPC/CHEVRON JV Scholarship. Sometimes, applicants miss the opportunity due to incomplete application or due application using a wrong procedure.
Applicants are expected to use the following procedure for their applications:
1. Go to the 2023 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship application portal at: www.ormngr.com/jvawards
2. Click on “Apply Now” to Sign Up. If you have an account with NNPC/CHEVRON before, you should not sign up again, just login to your account.
3. Go to your email inbox to activate your account using the link that will be sent to you (if you just signed up)
4. Proceed again to the Login platform and enter your registered email and password to login.
5. Enter your personal information, additional information, educational information and other information.
6. Upload all the necessary documents that you have scanned already.
6. Ensure that there are no mismatches in your names on all documents you have submitted
7. Review your documents before you upload.
8. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
9. Review your application information again before submitting to avoid errors
10.Click Submit Application to submit information
11.You will receive an email that confirms your application was successful.
Apply also for:
All application must be completed on or before the midnight of February 3rd, 2023
Important Notes about the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
Having applied for the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship, you should take note of the following information:
- Any applicant who applied more than once shall be disqualified
- Late application shall not be accepted.
- Only applicants who submitted clear document shall be considered
- Applicants with name discrepancies in their different documents shall be disqualified.
- All shortlisted applicants will be contacted via SMS or email
- You will be disqualified if any of the information you supplied is found to be untrue.
- Ensure that you apply through the web portal; otherwise you will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants for NNPC/CNL JV Scholarships or any of its affiliate such as Agbami Medical & Engineering Professional scholarship (AMEPS) program should not applied for the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship as they are the same body.
- Criteria for selection for the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship shall strictly be based on applicants’ academic performances. They will be no other test after applications.
- Make sure that you do not pay money to anyone for the application of the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
Worth of the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
All successful applicants of the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship shall be paid the sum of Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200,000.00) continually on annual basis till they complete their programmes in the university.
Why You Should Apply for the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship has helped so many undergraduate students to complete their university education especially those who have no or little helping hands to sponsor their education.
The scholarship program has leveraged some students the opportunity to have good start-up capital for their lives after school.
If you are able to secure the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship award, you will not just be comfortable while in school; you will also start something that will be paying evening after your education if you are prudent in your expenditures.
For any other questions about the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship for 2023, kindly make use of the comment box below this article.
Make sure you activate the notification button on this site and please share this information to others.