Are you interested in the Nigeria Air Force Recruitment | DSSC 31/2022 Enlistment Exercise? If yes, ensure that you take advantage of this great opportunity.
The application for the Nigeria Air Force DSSC 31/2022 Enlistment Exercise has commenced. Interested and suitably qualified graduates and postgraduates are invited for the application into various professions.
The registration period is: 19th December, 2022 to 30th January, 2023.
If you would like to get more detailed information about the NAF Recruitment Exercise; the application instructions, requirements and the application procedures, kindly read this article carefully to the end.
- About Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Enlistment Exercise
- General Requirements for Nigeria Air Force DSSC Recruitment
- Positions Available for Application for the Nigeria Air Force DSSC Recruitment
- Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Application Instructions
- How to Apply for Nigeria Air Force DSSC
- Date For The Nigeria Air Force DSSC Recruitment Training
- Where Is The Nigeria Air Force Training Centre?
About Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Enlistment Exercise
The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is a type of commission in the Nigeria Air Force (NAF) which is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. The Course provides the avenue for the enlistment of degree holders who are professionals in specified fields.
Training period for this type of commission is usually 6 months of intensive military training and successful candidates are commissioned into the rank of Flying Officer.
General Requirements for Nigeria Air Force DSSC Recruitment
To be qualified for the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) DSSC Enlistment, applicant must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth, and possess national identity card/NIN or BVN.
Applicants must be between the ages of 20 and 30 years by 14 October 2023 (25 – 40 years for Medical Consultants). Please note the following:
a. Candidates born before 13 October 1993 are not eligible, while candidates born before 13 October 1983 are not eligible for medical consultants.
b. The Exercise is not for serving personnel desiring Branch Commission. Therefore, personnel above 30 years of age (born before 13 October 1993) are not to apply.
3. Marital Status:
All applicants must be single.
Minimum height is 1.66 metresfor males and 1.63 metresfor females.
5. Medical Fitness:
Applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
6. Local Government Area Attestation Form:
Applicants’ Local Government Area Attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same State as the applicants not below the rank of Wing Commander in the Nigerian Air Force or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Navy or a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner and above, or Local Government Area Chairmen/Secretaries and Magistrates from the Local Government Area of the applicants, Registrar, DVC, Provost of applicant Institute.
The Local Government Area Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Drivers Licence or National ID Card or International Passport. The signee is also to authenticate behind the applicants’ passport photograph.
7. Letter of Attestation of Good Character.
A separate Letter of Attestation of Good Character is required of every candidate. The letter could be attested and authenticated by the same signee in Paragraph 6 above or any eligible personality from different state but of equal status of the aforementioned.
Candidates are to print out the Letter of Attestation of Good Character form and forward same for the signee to fill and signed accordingly with his/her official stamp and other means of identification documents such as Drivers’ License, International Passport, National Identity Card and Voters Card.
8. Presentation of original credentials:
Successful applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny at the Selection Board Interview Exercise. The credentials include the following:
a. Eight recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by the officer of appropriate rank as specified in requirement no. 6 above.
b. Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
c. Original and Photocopy of Educational/Professional Certificates.
d. Original and Photocopy of Indigeneship Certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin.
e. Original and Photocopy of Attestation of Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank as specified in Paragraph 6.
9. Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Selection Exercise.
Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected.
Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is FREE OF CHARGE. Applicants are required to fill in valid email addresses and telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the Application Form.
10. Completed Application Forms:
On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the under listed documents:
a. Acknowledgment Slip.
b. Attestation of Parent/Guardians Form.
c. Local Government Area Attestation Form.
d. Letter of Attestation of Good Character Form.
11. Invitation for Interview.
Successful applicants would be invited for Screening Exercise through the NAF Recruitment Portal, www.nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng. In addition to this, email and phone numbers could be used as deemed necessary.
ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Interested applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of the first degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. In addition, applicants must possess credit in English Language and Mathematics and degree course of study. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
2. Applicants must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Letter of Exemption from NYSC at the time of applying for DSSC.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
Positions Available for Application for the Nigeria Air Force DSSC Recruitment
The following positions are available for application for the Nigeria Air Force Direct Short Service Commission 31/2022 Enlistment Exercise
Qualification: HND/B.Eng/BSc Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Metallurgy and Material Technology, Automobile Engineering.
Qualification: HND/B.Eng Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Chemical Engineering, BSc Industrial Chemistry, BSc Chemistry, BSc Physics, HND/BSc Explosive Chemistry, BSc Biochemistry, BSc Rocket Science.
Communication, Information and Space Technology:
Qualification: BSc/MSc/M.Eng/B.Eng/HND Communication Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer & Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cyber Security, PGD Satellite Communication, PGD Satellite Ground Station Engineering, PGD/BSc Geographic Information System, PGD/BSc Rockery, PGD/BSc Astronomy, PGD/BSc Space Engineering, PGD/BSc Aerospace Engineering, PGD/BSc Data Link Op/GCS Maintenance, Certified Cisco Networking Associate/H3C Eqpt.
Possession of professional certificates such as CSDP, CSSLP, PHP Cert, CSS Zen Garden Cert, Java, Python , React, Node.js, CNDA, MCDBA, OCP, MCSA, CCNP, CCNA Security,CCNA Wireless, CCNP,CCNP Wireless, CCNP Security, Network+, MCSE, Security+, CPW, CPWA, CPWDV, CPWDS, CEH, ECSA, LPT, ECVP, ECSP. PGD and MSc would be added advantage.
Qualification: BSc/HND Economics, Purchasing and Supply, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, BSc Mathematics & Statistics, BSc Chemistry, BSC Biology. Possession of professional certificates such as CIPSM and CILT is required PGD and MSc would be added advantage.
BSc/HND Remote Sensing, Geographic Information System, Cartography Photogrammetry, Geography, Land Surveying, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science (Comitia A+ Ethical hacking and advantage), Cyber Security Analysts, Computer Engineering, Robotic Engineering, Russian Language, Mandarin Language, Arabic Language, German Language, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Intelligence and Security Studies, Peace and Conflict Resolution, History.
Qualification: BSc/HND Public Administration, Statistics.
Qualification: BSc/HND Hotel and Catering, BSc/HND Hospitality Management, BSc/HND Dietician/Nutrition, BSc/HND Event Management, BSc/HND Food Science Technology.
Sports and Physical Education
Qualification: BSc Physical and Health Education.
Qualification: BSc Sociology, Criminology, Psychology, LLB, BL, (Lab Scientist).
Qualification: B.A/BSc/HND Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
Qualification: LLB, BL.
Qualification: B.A( Ed)/B.Ed English, BSc (Ed)/B.Ed Physics, BSc (Ed)/B.Ed Chemistry, BSc (Ed)/B.Ed Biology, B.Tech/BSc (Ed) Technical Education, B.A (Ed)/B.Ed Hausa Language, B.A (Ed)/B.Ed Yoruba Language, B.A (Ed)/B.Ed Igbo Language, B.A (Ed)/B.Ed History, B.A (Ed)/B.Ed Fine Art, B.A (Ed)/B.Ed French, B.A (Ed)/B.Ed Library Science, BSc (Ed)/B.Ed Business Studies.
Qualification: BSc/B.A/HND Theology Chaplain.
Qualification: B.A Islamic Studies, Arabic Language and Literature, B.A Sharia Law
Qualification: B.A Music Arts, B. Ed Music, A.A Creative Arts/Music, HND Music Technology, B.A/HND Performing Arts Music.
Account and Budget:
Qualification: BSc Accounting, Economics.
Qualification: Must have specialist’s qualification or its equivalent (BSc/HND). Also must be fully registered by its specialist’s Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license in appropriate specialist areas:
(1) Medical Doctor. MBBS, MBchB or equivalent by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
(2) Radiographer: BSc in Medical Imaging Science or Radiography
(3) Pharmacist: Must possess a B.Pharm degree
(4) Medical Lab Scientist: Must possess either a BMLS or AIMLS.
(5) Clinical Psychologist: Must possess an MSc Clinical Psychology and BSc General and Applied Psychology.
(6) Health Information Management/Medical Records Officer: Must possess a BSc or HND Health Info Mgt/Health Records and Biostatistics.
(7) Physiotherapist: Must possess either B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation).
(8) Preventive Health/Hygiene Officer: Must possess either a BSc or HND in either Preventive Health or Hygiene offr.
(9) Dietician/Nutrition: B.Sc. or HND Dietician/Nutrition.
(10) Dental Therapist/Technologist: BDS or its equivalent.
(11) Optometrist: BSc in Optometry or B.Optom.
(12) Biomedical Engineer: Must possess a BSc or HND in Biomedical Engineering.
(13) Nurses – B.Sc/RN and RM (Double Qualification): Must be registered and have a current practicing license from the Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Air Traffic Services:
Must have specialist’s qualification or its equivalent (BSc/B.Tech/HND)
Air Traffic Control:
BSC/HND (Sciences) or Air Traffic Control License (NCAA).
B.Tech Met, BSc/HND Geography, BSc/HND Physics.
Qualification: BSc/HND (Science and Social Sciences) or B.Engr (Civil Engineering. Fire Fighting/Rescue Cert is an added advantage.
Works and Services:
Qualification: BSc/HND Architecture, Building technologist, Quantity Surveyor, Land Surveyor, Urban and Regional Planning, Estate Surveyors and Valuers and Electrical Electronics.
Museum and Archives: BA History and BA Archeology/Anthropology
Nigeria Air Force Recruitment Application Instructions
1. All interested applicants can only submit one application. Any applicant who submits more than one application will be automatically disqualified.
2. Fill Your Registration Form.
3. Submit the Form.
4. Take note of your Application Number.
5. Print Application Summary Page.
6. Your phone number and email are required for this application.
7. Download and Print Acknowledgement Cards and Attestation Cards using your Email Address and Password to log in.
8. Please enter your correct Email and Mobile Number as this information will be used for further communication.
9. The Application ID would be assigned to you at the end of application process and it is important you take note of it.
10. You have to print out a copy each of the following documents that would be made available to you at the end of your application to be considered as a fully completed application:
- Acknowledgment slip
- Attestation slip
- Parent/Guardian consent slip
How to Apply for Nigeria Air Force DSSC
The application for the Nigeria Air Force DSSC Recruitment is done online and the registration portal is: https://nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng/. If you have been looking for how to start and complete your application ensure that you take this section of the article very serious. Some of you have got stucked while on the process of the application.
If you are one of these interested applicants and you really need to be guided on the registration procedures, do well to follow the step by step guidelines that I am going to give you below:
1. Visit the Application Portal
2. Hover your cursor on the DSSSC tab and then navigate to ‘Start Application’
3. Scroll down to the end of the Application guideline provided and click on the “START APPLICATION BUTTON”
4. Check in the box □ below the instruction and click on “Proceed”
5. From here, you can now follow the 3 steps of the registration as follow:
- Enter your phone number
- Enter a valid Email Address
The password must contain at least 7 Alphanumeric Characters and it case sensitive.
1. Upload your Passport photograph
- It must not exceed 150kb in size
- It should be in a PNG format
2. Fill in all your Personal information
3. Enter your Contact Information
4. Enter your Educational Data
5. Confirm your Medical and Criminal Records
6. Upload all necessary documents
7. Review your application
8. Finally, submit and print your acknowledgement card
How to Print Acknowledgement Card
It is worthy of note that you cannot print the acknowledgement card without completing all the important and compulsory steps of the registration. Once you are through with the application process, you can follow the steps below to print the acknowledgement card:
1. Go to the Application Portal again
2. Click on ‘Start Application’ Button
3. Login with your Email and Password
4. Click on the “Print Acknowledgement Cards” link on top of the page
5. Finally, Clink on “Print” to get your cards
Date For The Nigeria Air Force DSSC Recruitment Training
After you have completed your application, you have to keep checking your email address as successfully selected candidates are going to be contacted either through email or phone numbers provided. You shall be notified about the date for the commencement of Nigeria Air Force DSSC Recruitment Training. Remember that the training is usually a 6-month continuous intensive training exercise.
Where Is The Nigeria Air Force Training Centre?
The Training Centre for the Nigeria Air Force DSSC is located in Kawo, Kaduna, Kaduna State, Nigeria. They make use of the Old Kaduna Airport as their Training Base.
Nigeria Air Force Contact
Technical Support: For Technical Support, please call: 09064432351 and 09055840142 or Email: [email protected]
Note: All phone lines are available from Monday to Friday 9:30AM and 5:30PM.
I hope that you have found this article helpful. If you have any other inquiries about the Nigeria Air Force Recruitment | DSSC 31/2022 Enlistment Exercise, kindly make use of the comment section under this article.
If you have read this article and you think it will be helpful to someone, do well to share it using any of the buttons shown below.