Application for Chevening Scholarship 2024/2025 Academic Year is ongoing; Interested applicants should this article to get more information about the requirements for the application and the Chevening Scholarship application processes.
Have you been searching for the time that application for Chevening Scholarship for 2024/2025 will begin? Have you missed the application for the previous years? I am here to inform you through this article that another time is here again.
Chevening Scholarship 2024/2025 application starts on the 2nd of August, 2023. All those who have been waiting for the right time for the application are hereby advised to go online and start applying immediately.
To all interested and qualified students who would want to further their education in the UK but have been limited by lack of financial support, it is time you take advantage of this great opportunity. The Chevening Scholarship UK is a platform where you can take your education to any level of your dream in the UK Universities.
This article that you are reading will guide you on some other information that you need for the application of the 2024/2025 Chevening Scholarship UK.
- About Chevening Scholarship/Fellowship
- Overview of the Chevening Scholarship
- What Chevening Scholarship Covers
- Eligibility for Application for Chevening Scholarship
- Documents Required for the Application of Chevening Scholarship
- How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship Application Deadline
About Chevening Scholarship/Fellowship
Chevening is the UK government- established international scholarships programme. It is a fully funded scholarship that is being sponsored by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and partner organisations. Through medium, students are offered a privilege awards to study in the UK for one year on a fully funded master’s degree programmes.
The UK Chevening Scholarship has been outstanding in the area of granting equal opportunities to individuals from all walks of life without any form of discriminations. In Chevening Fellowship, candidates come from a diverse range of countries and backgrounds, but they all demonstrate the passion, vision and skills needed to shape a better world.
The Chevening Scholarship offers so many benefits which cannot be overemphasized to those who are privileged to be selected after the whole processes. Such benefits are fully funded tuition fees, the privilege to be trained with some of the standard education in the world, opportunity to meet people from different fields of study and countries of the world and the advantage of exploring the UK’s diverse cultures.
At the end of your scholarship, you will join over 50,000 global alumni community who graduated through the same fellowship.
Thereafter, you will go back to your respective countries to put the knowledges that you have gathered all through your studies into practice to ensure that you bring the changes that you long desired of into realities.
Overview of the Chevening Scholarship
- Type of scholarship: Fully funded
- Level of Study: Masters Degree programmes
- Institution(s): UK Universities
- Country of Study: UK
- Courses Offered: Full-time Masters Degree Programmes in any subject.
- Period of Study: Maximum of one year
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: Yet to be announced
What Chevening Scholarship Covers
Chevening Scholarship 2024/2025 offers the following benefits to those who are privileged to be selected
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- A travel grants to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Eligibility for Application for Chevening Scholarship
You are only qualified to apply for Chevening Scholarship 2023/2024 if the following criteria are met:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Click here to see a list of eligible countries for the Chevening scholarship.
- You must be ready to return to your country of origin for a minimum of two years after the end of your scholarship programme
- You must have completed at least a Bachelor’s programme that is related to your area of interest.
- You must not have below Second Upper in your undergraduate programme.
- You must have had at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices on or before July 2024.
Moreover, you are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Documents Required for the Application of Chevening Scholarship
The following are the documents that are needed for the application of the Chevenin Scholarship:
- Academic Documents:
- Degree certificate
- Academic transcript
- Personal Statement
- Motivational Letter
- One unconditional UK university offer.
Helpful Tips for Applying to Chevening Scholarships 2024
Selecting the Right Courses
Choose your three courses carefully. You will not be able to change your course choices after submitting your application unless you are granted permission to do so at the interview stage. You will need to apply separately to your selected courses directly via the university. Please apply as soon as possible to ensure you get a place. To be awarded a scholarship, you must get an unconditional offer for one of your course choices.
It is recommended that applicants select three similar courses at three different universities to increase the likelihood that you will gain entry into one of them. Please note that the course titles do not have to match exactly, but all three courses should be similar in content. You should select courses that reflect your current or future career goals.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be full-time; Start in the autumn term (usually September/October); Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programmes); Lead to a master’s degree qualification; Based in the UK
Courses cannot be: Part-time; Distance learning; Less than nine months in duration, more than 12 months in duration; PhD or DPhil; Taught with more than one month of study outside the UK. Applicants are not permitted to enrol in pre-sessional courses to fulfil your university’s English language requirement or any other conditions of a university offer.
Unconditional offers: The Secretariat will need to see evidence of an unconditional offer from one of your three course choices in order to finalise your Chevening Scholarship.
Using the Online Application System
All Chevening applications must be submitted through the online application system (OAS). The OAS system will be used throughout the application and selection process. Applicants will be required to log back in at various points during the process to receive updates on your application status, or to submit documents.
Applicants are advised to:
1) Where possible when applying for Chevening Scholarship 2023, use the Google Chrome web browser, as this is recommended for the best experience. Using a laptop or PC is recommended, rather than a mobile or tablet.
2) When completing your application form, work in a full-sized window. It will make the application form easier to read in its intended format.
3) Don’t use your browser’s ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons. This will take you out of the system and you will lose all unsaved work.
4) Remember your username and password. This saves time when you want to log back into the online application system.
5) Enter information accurately, especially your contact details. Please ensure that you enter a valid email address.
6) The application form may take some time to complete, so consider preparing your answers offline and then pasting them into the online form.
7) Application questions have word counts. In the application form, there is a set of questions you are required to answer. Please adhere to the word count.
8) Save as you go! There is no automatic save function on the system and each session will close after 60 minutes.
9) You do not have to complete the form in one session
10) Do not plagiarise
11) Applications must be submitted in English. Any application not submitted in English is ineligible.
12) Check the size and format of the files you intend to upload and ensure they meet the requirement. The online system will only accept JPG/PNG/PDF documents of no larger than 5MB. Please ensure that the length of file names do not exceed 50 characters.
13) Only submit your application once you’re completely satisfied with it. When you are satisfied with your application, click the ‘Submit’ button.
14) Remember, you can only submit one application and we will only accept your first application.
References are an integral part of Chevening’s selection process. Applicants are to supply the names of two referees when they submit their application. Kindly note that Chevening will not contact your referees to complete or upload references. It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain and upload references on behalf of referees.
Applicants are to carefully select their referees who can comment on their general suitability to receive a Chevening Scholarship or Fellowship. They should be known to you, either in an academic or professional capacity and should not be relative or close friend.
The Chevening Interview
Applicants shortlisted to interview for a Chevening Scholarship will be invited to attend an interview in the city/town where the British embassy or high commission has a representation. The interview will be a competency-based panel assessment conducted in English. The interview panel will include representatives from the British embassy or high commission, who will use the global Chevening criteria to assess your answers.
Invited applicants will receive an email with instructions on how to book their interview. Interview slots are available on a first-come-first-served basis, so it is suggested that you book your slot as soon as possible.
Prior to attending the interview, applicants will be asked to upload their educational documents (copies of certificates and/or transcripts); two reference letters; a short biography that tells more about you.
While preparing for your interview, applicants will need to take their Passport/national ID to the interview.
Avoid Common Errors
Applicants are to avoid the common errors that past applicants have made. They include:
- Pre-screen Error: Applicants must correctly answer all parts of the eligibility pre-screen to be able to access the application form.
- Application Form Errors: Applicants must correctly fill all parts of the application form to be considered eligible as only eligible applications will be processed. Below are the sections of the application form where applicants have made the most common errors:
- Personal details: Applicants who have dual citizenship from the United Kingdom cannot be considered for an award.
- Work experience: Applicants are required to have worked a minimum of 2,800 hours. Work experience is calculated automatically by multiplying the number of weeks worked by the number of hours worked per week.
- UK university: Applicants who registered for duplicate courses at the same universities cannot be considered for a scholarship. Applicants must select three different courses.
- Declaration: This section of the application form requires that applicants answer correctly to a number of statements to be considered eligible. If an applicant is not able to confirm that these statements apply to them, they will be deemed ineligible.
- Application questions word count: Applicants are to meet the minimum word count required in the essay questions to be eligible.
- Plagiarism: Applicants are to guard against plagiarizing any of their contents as all applications will be subjected to plagiarism test. Applicants are allowed to insert quotations but must acknowledge the source as they would in an academic essay.
- Use of English language: Applicants must complete all aspect of the application form in English to be eligible.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship
In this section of the article, I will be guiding you on the steps that are required for the application of the Chevening Scholarship. It is quite obvious that so would have loved to start the application on time but the lack of the knowledge of how to apply for the scholarship has kept them from applying for the Chevening Scholarship. To start your application, you are expected to follow these procedures below carefully while abiding to the given instructions.
- Click HERE to start your application
- Select your country of origin
- Select award type (scholarship)
- Click on Next
- Create an account with Chevening
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete the quiz to assure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Fill the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three)
- Passport / ID document.
- Submit the application.
Chevening Scholarship Application Deadline
The application for Chevening Scholarship 2023/2024 closes by November, 2023. If there is going to be an extension on the deadline, it has been made open officially. You are advised to always comes back to this site for all timely updates on Chevening Scholarship.
SPECIAL NOTES TO ALL APPLICANTS
Ensure that you upload the required document in appropriate sizes. The online system will only accept JPG/PNG/PDF documents of no larger than 5MB.
You must submit your application on or before the deadline. No late application will be accepted
If you are invited for interview, you will be required to come along with the originals of all that you have submitted including the references.
Use the ‘update my application’ button to upload your documents
Applications must be submitted in English Language.
- Microsoft Cloud & Data Scholarship
- CUHK Design Talent International Scholarship
- Federal Government Scholarship for BEA
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship | Fully-Funded
- Italian Government Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for International Students
- University Of Calabria International Scholarship – A.Y.
- USTC Scholarship China | Fully Funded
- Queen Elizabeth Common Wealth Scholarship for International Students for the
- NUTM Scholars Program
- University Of Alberta International Scholarship Award
- York University Tentanda Via Awards For International Students In Canada
For more information about the Chevening Scholarship UK 2024/2025, kindly visit the Chevening official website.
Make sure that you activate your notification button on this site for latest information about undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships
Please do well to share this article to others.