See how to apply for the Nigeria Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and the Short Service Combatant (SSC) Courses for the 2023/2024 batch here.
Are you one of those who have been desiring to join the Nigerian Army as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Officer? Have you been searching for how start the applications?
It is my pleasure to inform you that opportunity for the 2023 application have been thrown open for the general public.
The Nigerian Army is currently accepting applications from eligible Nigerian citizen for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers.
It is worthy of note that the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course is open to both civilians and serving military personnel.
To everyone who is interested in this application, it is advisable that you do not joke with this post. Kindly read to the end in order to see more about what it takes to apply and the requirements for consideration.
- Is Army DSSC Form Out?
- General Requirements for Army DSSC Application
- How Much Is Army DSSC Form?
- Available Services For Application And Requirements
- General Entry Requirements Into The Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission
- Conditions Of Service As A Nigerian Army Short Service Commission Officer
- How To Apply For The Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Course
Is Army DSSC Form Out?
Yes, the army DSSC and SSC forms are currently out. Interested and suitably qualified applicants can proceed to the online application portal for their registration. Applicants are advised to ensure their application forms are submitted on/or before the end of the month of May.
General Requirements for Army DSSC Application
Any candidate who wants to apply for the Army DSSC must possess the following requirements:
- B.Sc or HND from any Institution.
- Other requirements include: State of origin and Birth certificate including your medical fitness certificate. All these requirements will also need to be presented in the next phase of the recruitment exercise which is screening.
- FRSC Recruitment
- Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- Ibom Air Recruitment
How Much Is Army DSSC Form?
The Army DSSC form is absolutely free. All you have to do is to get registered online before the closing date for the application.
Available Services For Application And Requirements
Applications shall be considered into the following Corps and Services in the Nigerian Army:
Nigerian Army Engineers.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Eng), B Eng (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
Land Surveyor, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Marine/Water Engineering, Architecture, and Building Engineering/ Technology.
Such academic fields must be registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) or regulating professional bodies.
Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Eng, B Tech, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
Cyber/Network Security, Programming, Network Engineering, GIS/GEOINT, Data Science, Crypto Linguists (Arabic), Data Analyst, Social Media Specialist, and Digital Forensics/Forensic Analysis
Nigerian Army Medical Corps
Anyone who wishes to apply to serve as Nigerian Army Medical Corps must have a proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing license.
Other requirements are as follows:
(1) Medical Consultants of Various Disciplines.
Applicants could belong to fields of specialization such as General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Anesthesia, Neuro-Surgery, Cardiothoracic, ENT Surgery, Physicians (Cardiologists, Endocrinologist, Nephrologists and Neurologists), Ophthalmologists as well as Obstetrics and Gynaecologists, Pediatricians and Family Medicine Physicians.
Applicants must also satisfy the following criteria:
(a) Must be Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or equivalent Postgraduate Medical College.
(b) Should not be more than 40 years old by July 2023.
(c) Must have full registration of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) for the undergraduate degree and additional qualification registration as appropriate.
(d) Must have current MDCN license to practice as a specialist.
(2) Medical Doctors (Non Consultants)
Applicants must possess MBBS/BDS or equivalent with not more than 5 years’ work experience and must be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
(3) Dental Surgeons.
The applicants must have graduated with a minimum of Second Class Lower degree and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class) Lower Degree in Pediatrics or Nephrology or they must be in one of the following categories:
Orthopedic, Anesthetist, Registered or Psychiatric Nurses (with BSc Second Class Lower Degree) fully registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Applicants must possess MSc Nursing Science and fully registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
(6) Professionals Allied to Medicine
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in either Speech Therapy or Occupational Therapy.
Applicants must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy and must be fully registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
Nigerian Army Ordinance Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Eng, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas:
Textile Technology, Textile Design, Graphic Design, Explosives Engineering and Explosive Science and Technology
Nigerian Army Corps of Military Police.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in either Forensic Science or Psychology.
Nigerian Army Education Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Ed) or BA (Ed) Second Class Lower degree in Museology, Archival Studies or Curriculum Development/Studies.
NOTE: All applicants for Education Corps are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies.
Nigerian Army Band Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with Associate of Royal Academy of Music (ARAM) and Associate of Royal College of Music (ARCM).
Directorate of Army Public Relations.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in the following: Strategic Communication and Public Relations, Printing Technology, Animation and Graphic Design; and Cinematography.
Applicants must have evidence of Membership of any Professional body relating to media operation and journalism.
Directorate of Islamic Affairs.
Applicants must possess a minimum of BA, B Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in the following areas:
Hadith and Islamic Studies, Tafseer (Exegesis) and Qur’anic Science, Hadith Sciences, Islamic Theology and Hadith, Islamic Propagation and Religious Studies; and Qur’an and Islamic Studies from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University.
Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable Islamic religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be able to speak Arabic and English languages.
Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
Applicants must possess minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in Divinity Theology from any of the Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
Applicants must belong to one of the 18 major denominations of the protestant faith. Soldier applicants must have served the NA with a minimum of 6 years experience in Chaplaincy work and must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
NOTE: Applicants must provide proof of Ordination, attestation and certification by an ordained Bishop.
Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
Applicants must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Arts (Second Class Lower) degree in Philosophy or Theology or be an Ordained Catholic Priest from a Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome.
Applicants must have good standing in the church and be released by a Diocesan Bishop with a proof of ordination.
Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the Nigeria Army Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
General Entry Requirements Into The Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission
To qualify for the application of the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission, you must fulfill all the under listed requirements. Applicants must:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by July 2023.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin.
Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2011 to date will be considered.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders.
They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- Candidates with ability to swim will have added advantage.
Conditions Of Service As A Nigerian Army Short Service Commission Officer
- DSSC will be granted for a total of 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years.
- Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer.
- Other Service conditions include the following:
- The DSSC officers shall be on probation for the first 3 years of service.
- Conversion to Direct Regular Commission is not automatic but based on application by an eligible commissioned officer.
It is however based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- The reckonable period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be date of enlistment.
- Medical Consultant Officers on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major with seniority effective from date of commission.
- Officer Cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant (except for medical consultants who will be commissioned as Majors) with seniority effective from date of commission.
Minimum Age: 20
Maximum Age: 40
Minimum Height: 1.65m
Minimum Grade: Second Class – Lower Division
Application Period: 25 Mar 2023 – 6 May 2023
How To Apply For The Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Course
Having gone through what you are expected to have before you can proceed with the application of the Nigeria Army Short Service Commission courses, it is to see how to make the application.
The procedures for the application include the following:
- Application Processes
- Visit the Nigerian Army official website at: [email protected]
- Choose the DSSC option from the page.
- You will be redirected to the page where you can read the qualification criteria for the ongoing DSSC courses.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC base on your qualification.
- At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving/have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria, choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- If you do not have an account click on “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to your email) or enter your login details and log in.
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
(a) Passport photograph.
(b) Educational certificates.
(c) Evidence of membership of any professional body.
(d) Certificate of state of origin.
(e) Birth certificate or age declaration.
(8) All applicants should note that the qualification selections available are dependent on the preferred corps selected.
B. Print Out.
At the completion of the application, applicants are required to print out their online generated photo-slip.
The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin.
Successful applicants would be required to take a written examination at selected examination centres chosen by applicants or assigned as appropriate.
Successful candidates would also present their printed photo-slips at Examination Centres and subsequently to the Selection Board during interview.
All applications are expected to be submitted on or before 6 May 2023.
I believe that you have found this post useful. For any question about the Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC course application for the 2023/2024, kindly use the comment box below.
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH OTHERS USING ANY OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS GIVEN BELOW.