This article contain the complete List of Courses Offered in UDUSOK for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. You are expected to go through the article for detailed information before you can proceed with the application for the UDUSOK Undergraduate Admission.
Are you a prospective undergraduate student of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto? Are you interested in taking any undergraduate course in the university? Are you currently a student of the institution? If you belong to any of the above mentioned categories of individuals and you are interested in knowing more about the List of Courses that are offered in the university, you have to pay attention to this information. this article is prepared for you.
Some times, people especially the prospective students of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto do get themselves worried about the particular course to choose while applying for the JAMB and Post UTME examinations. This is largely because most of them do not know the details of some courses that are offered in the university.
To alleviate this worries from the general public, the Emonprime Team has decided to publish this piece of article here to serve as a guideline as you make your choice of courses of study in you undergraduate programme in the UDUSOK.
Therefore, if you would like to know more about the list of courses offered in UDUSOK and their entry requirements, kindly read this article to the end.
About Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUSOK)
The Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (formerly University of Sokoto) is one of the four Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in September 1975 , at which time three University Colleges (now full-fledged Universities) were established.
The development of the university started on a temporary site (now called City Campus), situated along Sultan Abubakar Road, Sokoto. classes started in October 20th, 1977, with an initial enrolment of ninety-three undergraduate students for the degrees of Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts/Science in Education and Bachelor of Science; and an academic staff strength of thirty-three.
In January, 1978, one hundred and two students enrolled for a two-year pre-Degree Programme in the Humanities and Basics Sciences. With this modest start, the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto formally graduated a total of seventy-two students during its first convocation held in November 22nd, 1980.
Presently, there are Ten faculties and a postgraduate school in the University. The faculties are: Agriculture, Arts and Islamic Studies, College of Health Sciences, Education and Extention Services, Law, Management Sciences, pharmaceutical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine. As the development programme is actively pursued, the following Faculties will be established: Food Sciences and Engineering.
The University statute established the Center for Islamic Studies in 1982. Its aim, among others, is to promote the study of and research in islam, Its instructions and related disciplines and its culture with special reference to the northern states of Nigeria. The Center runs a Diploma programme in Islamic Studies, which started in 1983, to assist in the manpower development of the locality and the country at large. the Center also runs Certificate Courses in Arabic and Islamic Studies.
In November 1982, the Sokoto Energy Reserach Center was established at the instance of the Federal Government. The Center was created not only to execute research in solar energy, but also to train and develop manpower in that area.
The posgraduate school of the University was established in 1983 for the training of graduates in variuos disciplines at the Masters and Doctorate degree levels. At the convocation ceremony held in December , 1986, the school produced its first PhD graduate in Chemistry.
The University moved most of its faculties and Service Departments to the main campus in 1982. Phase 1 of Students’ hostels had already been completed and occupied.
The City Campus now houses the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, the college of Health Sciences, Center for Islamic studies, Cibiyar Nazarin Hausa, the department of Extension Services, a few services units and three Halls of Residence for students’ accommodation. The university Catering guest House, now named the University Guest Inn Limited, which runs on commercial basis, is located at Mabera Layout.
List of Faculties In Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (UDUSOK)
There are about 18 faculties in the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto. Those available faculties include the following:
- Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Education & Extension Services
- Engineering & Environmental Design
- Management Sciences
- Chemical and Life Science
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Physical and Computing Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Allied Health Sciences
- Basic Clinical Sciences
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Clinical Sciences
- Dental Science
- School of Medical Lab Science
College of Health
List of Courses/Departments In UDUSOK
Courses offered in Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto are as follow:
Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Environment and Soil Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- B. Agriculture
- B. Fisheries
- B. Forestry
Faculty of Arts
- English and Literary Studies
- History and International Studies
- Mass Communication
- Nigerian Languages
B. Art (B.A)
Faculty of Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Arabic Literary Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Quran and Hadith Studies
Faculty of Education and Extension Services
- Adult Education and Extension Services
- Curriculum Studies & Educational Tech.
- Educational Foundations
- Library and Information Science
- Science and Vocational Education
Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Design
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Environmental and Resources Management
- Information and Communication Technology
- Mechanical Enigineering
Faculty of Law
- Islamic Law
- Private and Business Law
- Public Law and Jurisprudence
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
Faculty Chemical and Life Sciences
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Energy and Applied Chemistry
- Plant Science
- Pure and Environmental Chemistry
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmacognosy and Ethno Pharmacy
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
Faculty of Physical and Computing Sciences
- Computer Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Political Science
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Theriogenology and Animal Production
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Parasitology and Entomology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry
- Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nursing Science
Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences
- Chemical Pathology and Immunology
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Morbid Anatomy and Forensic Medicine
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Medical Biochemistry
Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Community Health
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
Faculty of Dental Science
- Child Dental Health
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology/Oral Medicine
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Preventive and Community Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
School of Medical Lab. Science
- Chemical Pathology
- Medical Microbiology
Top 12 Recognized Institutions Offering Graphic Design Courses In Nigeria | Universities And Colleges
Courses Offered In FUKASHERE And Admission Requirements
FULOKOJA Courses And Admission Requirements
FULAFIA Courses And Requirements
List Of Courses Offered In National Open University [NOUN]
List Of Nigerian Universities Courses And Admission Requirements
UDUSOK Admission Requirements
Getting admission into any of undergraduate courses in the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (UDUSOK) as listed in the previous section of this article requires that the applicant must possess some minimum entry requirements in line with the provision of the university. Some of the major admission requirements into UDUSOK are as follow:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 160 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take UDU post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto (UDUSOK)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
Having read this article to this point, I believe that you have found it helpful. In case of further inquiries, kindly make use of the comment section below this article.
Do well to share this article to others via any of the available buttons below.