KSU Courses And Requirements 2023/2024 Academic Session: Welcome to this website if you are visiting here for the first time. In today’s article, I am going to be showing the latest information about undergraduate programmes/courses in the Kogi State University (KSU).
Kogi State University, located at Anyigba, is the state-owned University of Kogi, Nigeria. It was established in 1999 by Prince Abubakar Audu, the former governor of the state. At the time of its establishment, it was known as Kogi State University, It was named Prince Abubakar Audu University (PAAU) in 2002 and later renamed Kogi State University in 2003 (KSU).
Kogi State University commenced academic activities in April 2000 with six faculties: Faculties of Agriculture, Arts and Humanities, Law, Management Sciences, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
The university added the establishment of the Faculty of Medicine with extensive office and laboratory complexes. The Centre for Pre-Degree and Diploma Studies was established to run diploma and pre-degree programmes. Students of the pre-degree programme could gain admission into the degree programme if they are successful in the internal exams and need not write the Post-UTME exams.
List of Courses Offered In Kogi State University (KSU)
Courses that are offered in the Kogi State University (KSU) are:
Faculty of Administration
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Banking & Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Public Administration
Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Home Science
Faculty of Arts
- Department of Arabic Language and Literature
- Department of Christian Religious Studies
- Department of English and Literary Studies
- Department of History and International Studies
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theatre Arts
Faculty of Education
- Department of Biology Education
- Department of Chemistry Education
- Department of Christian Religious Studies Education
- Department of Economics Education
- Department of English Language Education
- Department of Geography Education
- Department of Human Kinetics
- Department of Islamic Religious Studies Education
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Mathematics Education
- Department of Physics Education
- Department of Social Studies
Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Food Science and Technology
Faculty of Law
- Department of Law
College of Medicine
- Department of Medicine and Surgery
Faculty of Science
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Botany
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Geology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Zoology
Faculty of Social Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Geography
KSU Admission Requirements
Getting admission into any of undergraduate courses in the Kogi State University (KSU) as listed in the previous section of this article requires that the applicant must possess some minimum entry requirements in line with the provision of the university. Some of the major admission requirements into KSU are as follow:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 160 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take KSU Post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Kogi State University (KSU)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
I hope that you have found useful information in this article. Kindly make use of the comment section if you have any other question about KSU Courses and Requirements 2023/2024 Academic Session.