KWASU Courses And Requirements 2023/2024 Academic Session: This article is all about the latest updates about the list of courses that are offered in the Kwara State University.
If you have been looking for admission in KWASU for the past years and you have not gotten it till now, it is probably that you have not chosen the right course that is available in the university or you have made correct choice of course of study but you not possess the necessary admission requirements as stipulated by the management of the institution.
Read this article carefully to the end so that you can see the complete list of accredited undergraduate courses in the university and their respective entry requirements.
The following are the 7 available faculties in the Kwara State University (KWASU):
- Faculty of Agriculture & Veterinary Science
- Faculty of Administration
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Science
Complete List Of Courses Offered In Kwara State University (KWASU)
I present to you the complete list of departments/courses that are available in the Kwara State University.
Faculty of Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences
- Department of Agricultural Economics And Extension Services
- Department of Animal Production
- Department of Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Department of Crop Production
- Department of Food Science And Technology
Faculty of Administration
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Banking & Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Public Administration
Faculty of Arts
- Department of Arabic Language & Literature
- Department of Christian Studies
- Department of English Language
- Department of History & International Studies
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Performing Arts
Faculty of Education
- Department of Business Education
- Department of Early Childhood Education
- Department of Human Kinetics
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Special Education
Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Aeronautic & Astronautical Engineering
- Department of Agricultural Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Material Science
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Science
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Geology
- Department of Industrial Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Plant and Environmental Biology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Zoology
Faculty of Social Science
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
KWASU Admission Requirements 2023/2024
Getting admission into any of undergraduate courses in the Kwara State University (KWASU) as listed in the previous section of this article requires that the applicant must possess some minimum entry requirements in line with the provision of the university. Some of the major admission requirements into KWASU are as follow:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 160 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take KWASU Post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Kwara State University (KWASU)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN