The NDDC Postgraduate Master’s Degree Scholarship application for 2023/2024 is currently ongoing. The application is expected to last till 3rd November, 2023. Interested and suitably qualified graduates from recognized institutions are hereby advised to apply
The NDDC Postgraduate Master’s Degree Scholarship is designed to assist students who are interested in pursuing their academic to master’s degree level in foreign countries. It is special support in the education sector aimed at boosting Human Resource Development in the Niger Delta region.
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has introduced the Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme to equip young graduates with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the Federal Government, as well as enable them to acquire specialization in their fields of study and thus compete globally in various professional disciplines.
Who Can Apply for NDDC Postgraduate Master’s Degree Scholarship?
The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences
- Hospitality Management
- Environmental Science.
How to Apply
The application of the NDDC Postgraduate Master’s Degree Scholarship is done online. Interested candidates should visit the NDDC official website at: www.nddc.gov.ng and complete their application.
Eligibility for the Application
To be eligible for the scholarship,
- a scholar must hail from the Niger Delta Region
- have achieved a First Class Degree in any of the above discipline
- candidate should have at least Second Class Upper, or Lower Division.
Read More About: NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship Requirements
1. Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application via the Commission’s Website.
2. Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- WASSCE/NECO results
- Undergraduate degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower)
- Local Government Identification
3. Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State.
4. Minimum Test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% in the test to proceed to the next stage.
5. Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will be further shortlisted, 6. Final Verification: The final verification of the candidates will be done through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit their applications online through the Commission’s website: www.nddc.gov.ng
The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
- Relevant degrees from recognized universities
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned. Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference.
All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website: www.nddc.gov.ng.
These shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
Worth of the Scholarship
The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.
Deadline for the Application
The deadline for submission of application is 5 weeks from the date of this advert, that is 3rd November, 2023.
- The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who are not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who are not invited for oral interview or candidates that are not successful during the oral interviews.
- Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/ Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut off mark.
- The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
- Deferment, Change of Institution and Course are not permitted.
- The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.