The Duke University acceptance Rate for 2022 has been published online by the management of the university. Read this article if you would like to see it.
Acceptance rate of any university is the quota of applicants for that university admission that the management of the institution have decided to consider for admission for a particular academic year.
Most time the acceptance rate is chosen by the university in consideration of the resources at the disposal of the institution. Sometimes, it could be that the university is trying to control the population in the school due to some special reasons.
Hence, they make use of the acceptance to establish what they want. There is no limit for choosing any university acceptance rate. It only depends on what the institution and the government wants at that particular point in time.
In this article, I shall be writing on the Duke University Acceptance Rate for 2022. Here, I will be revealing everything that you expected to know about the acceptance rate and what you should do if really want to be admitted into the university.
I am certain that you excited to have come in contact with this topic here. To make most of the useful information that I am going to be unleashing in this article, you are required to read carefully to the end without any distraction.
- Duke University
- Duke University Acceptance Rate
- Duke University Early Admission Acceptance Rate
- Duke University Transfer Rate
- Duke University Graduation Rate
- Duke University General Admission Requirements
- Duke University Admission for International Students
- How to Apply for Duke University Admission
- Duke University Ranking
Duke University is one of the non-public universities in Durham, North Carolina. It was originally established for search purposes in the different academic fields. The noble university was invented by the Methodist and Quakers in the today town of Trinity in the year 1838. Afterwards, the university relocated to Durham in 1892.
Over the years of operation, the university has bagged many of the notable academic awards and graduated many of the reputable figures in the society. Due to the process of the university’s admission, Duke University has fondly been recognised as the “Most selective”.
As you read this article you will get to know more about the Duke University admission rate, graduate rate, transfer rate, International students’ consideration and many more.
Apply for Queen Elizabeth Common Wealth International Scholarship
Duke University Acceptance Rate
The officially recognised Duke University Acceptance Rate is between 5.6% – 7.5. This is the percentage of applicants that can be considered for admission annually into different academic programmes.
Obviously, Duke University admission is usually highly competitive just like some of the top universities. The rate of admission has caused the university to be recognised as 50th most competitive University in the whole world.
According to the data obtained from Duke University admission statistics of the previous years, it showed that out of the 41,613 students who applied for undergraduate admission for the class of 2023, only 3,064 applicants were accepted for admission.
This figure represents only but 7.4% of the total applicants of the year and that is official acceptance rate for the class of 2023. Though the rate of application increased by 11.6% (2022 to 2023), that is from 37,302 applicants to 41,613 applicants, the acceptance rate was not better than that of the previous years.
Duke University Early Admission Acceptance Rate
For the 2023 class admission, Duke University Early admission acceptance rate is 18.2%. This figure is gotten from the 882 applicants that were offered early admission out of total number of 4,852 early admission applicants for the year.
Statistics also showed that the early application rate grew by 18.6% (2022 to 2023), from 4,090 to 4,852 for the class of 2023.
Duke University Transfer Rate
Duke University transfer rate is 6.1% of the total number of applicants for the transfer. For every year, not more than 50 students from those who applied for the intra-university transfer are accepted.
This reveals how difficult it is to be accepted into Duke University through transfer from another university. However, to increase your chances of being accepted into Duke University, your GPA must be above 4.0 on a scale of 5.0.
University Of California Acceptance Rate 2022-2026
University Of Glasgow Acceptance Rate
University Of Chicago Acceptance Rate
Yale University Acceptance Rate
Duke University Transfer Requirements
The eligibility for acceptance into Duke University through transfer are:
- If you have attended any college or university in the past four years and will have successfully completed at least one full year of transferable college work by the August in which you hope to enroll, you qualify to apply to Duke as a transfer applicant.
- All transferable college work should be completed at an accredited degree-granting institution. College work completed at a vocational, technical, performance, or professional program will not be considered.
- If you are a high school student in an “early college” or dual-enrollment program earning an associate degree while finishing high school, you should apply as a first-year applicant.
- If you have already completed an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree at a four-year college, you cannot be considered for transfer admission.
- A high school diploma or GED is required for admission to Duke.
- Unfortunately, you may not apply for transfer to Duke as a part-time student. Instead, we encourage you to contact DUKE CONTINUING STUDIES for information on taking courses on a non-degree basis.
- The admissions committee seeks applicants who can provide evidence of academic preparation within the past four years. If you have not recently attended high school or college, we strongly encourage you to do so prior to applying for transfer, either through DUKE CONTINUING STUDIES or an accredited degree-granting institution in your local area.
Duke University Graduation Rate
Duke University graduation rate is 95.9%. This is for both those who are running the programmes that are meant to be completed within 6 years and those of 8 years.
It is quite impressive that as the acceptance rate of the university is decreasing gradually for the past eight years, the rate at which students are being graduated from their respective programmes is on the high side.
You May Also Like:
- Institutions That Accept CSC Scholarship In China | Complete List
- CSC Scholarship For American Students | Shaanxi Normal University, China
- Shaanxi Normal University International Student Scholarship Program
Duke University General Admission Requirements
As stated earlier, getting admission into Duke University is not as easy as it is in some universities. Competition for the admission is usually very high and only the few best students are accepted out of many applicants for the admission.
Chances of every applicant to accepted into the University are increase by possess all the necessary qualifications, that is, the admission requirements.
In this section, I am going to be showing you those necessary requirements that are needed for Duke University admission.
For applicants that would want to submit SAT score for admission consideration, here is the summary of SAT requirement for you to be accepted into Duke University:
SAT Reading 770
SAT Math 800
SAT Composite 1570
Average SAT Score 1520
ACT Score Requirements
If you must submit your ACT score, it is required that you should have at least ACT score of 34. The summary is given below:
ACT Reading 35
ACT Math 32
ACT Composite 34
High School GPA
High School Class Rank
Completion of College Preparatory Program
Duke University Admission for International Students
Students from more than 100 countries have found a home at Duke University. Innovative, restless, and driven: these are qualities not confined by geography.
There is no separate application for international students.
STANDARDIZED TESTING CONSIDERATIONS
- Testing policies are the same for all applicants; there are no additional requirements for international students.
- While we do not require any English proficiency scores, we are happy to consider them for non-native English speakers who want to demonstrate their English ability beyond the materials in their applications.
Duke University accepts the CAMBRIDGE C1 ADVANCED or C2 PROFICIENCY TESTS, DUOLINGO ENGLISH TEST, THE IELTS ACADEMIC (INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTING SYSTEM), the PTE ACADEMIC (PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH), and the TOEFL (TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE).
Since official submissions of the DUOLINGO ENGLISH TEST are free, we suggest the official submission of those results; applicants can self-report all other English proficiency test scores.
- To obtain an F-1 visa for study in the United States, a foreign citizen must furnish his or her home country’s U.S. consulate with proof of ability to meet educational expenses, along with a certificate of eligibility for a visa application (the I-20 form).
I-20 forms for incoming foreign students are issued only after a student has accepted an offer of admission at Duke and returned a completed Certificate of Financial Responsibility.
- Visa services and advice on federal regulations concerning non-U.S. citizens are available through DUKE VISA SERVICES.
- While not required for admission, interviews provide an opportunity for the applicant to learn about Duke and for a representative of the university to learn about the applicant’s strengths. We have alumni volunteers conducting interviews in forty-two countries worldwide.
- Because of the high volume of applicants we receive from China, Duke will accept admissions interviews from INITIALVIEW for students attending school in China.
These interviews will serve in lieu of alumni interviews. We encourage interested students to arrange an interview with InitialView as soon as possible in order to secure an appointment. All interviews must be submitted by December 1 for Early Decision and March 1 for Regular Decision.
- Duke offers need-based financial aid and merit-based scholarships to US citizens and to foreign citizens following the different policies outlined below.
- Our admissions process is need-blind for US citizens, US Permanent Residents/US ELIGIBLE NONCITIZENS, DACA and undocumented students in the US. Our admissions process is need-aware for foreign citizens.
- Foreign citizens must apply for need-based financial aid in the original first-year application in order to be eligible for need-based funding from Duke at any point. You can find the comprehensive costs for attending Duke in 2021-2022 HERE. You can find more information about financial aid for foreign citizens at Duke HERE.
- The need-aware admissions process for foreign citizens is more highly selective than the need-blind admissions process: the admit rate for foreign citizens seeking financial aid is usually under 4%, less than half of the overall admit rate, usually about 8%.
Duke consider admissions applications from foreign citizens requesting need-based financial aid in this more competitive pool no matter how great or small the family’s financial need may be.
- Duke offers a small number of merit scholarships for which all applicants to Duke are automatically considered. Applying for need-based aid does not have any negative effect on merit scholarship selection. You can find more information about merit scholarships at Duke HERE and HERE.
- We do not require applicants to submit any financial forms as a part of the admissions process; the financial aid application is simultaneous with but separate from our admissions consideration. The amount of need-based financial aid for which each student/family qualifies depends solely on financial calculations and not on the strength of the admissions application.
- If you have more specific questions about financial aid, please feel free to contact the Karsh Office of Undergraduate Financial Support at [email protected]
How to Apply for Duke University Admission
All the processes of the Duke University admission application is done online on the official website of the university. If you are sure that you have all the necessary qualifications for the admission and would like to study in the institution, kindly click HERE to begin your application.
The application fees is $85
- Apply for University of Glasgow Scholarship Here!
- Microsoft Cloud & Data Scholarship
- CUHK Design Talent International Scholarship 2022-2023
- Federal Government Scholarship for BEA – 2022/2023 | For Nigerians
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship 2022/2023 | Fully-Funded
- Italian Government Scholarship for Foreign Students 2022-2023
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for International Students 2022-23
- University Of Calabria International Scholarship – A.Y. 2022/2023
- Chevening Scholarship UK 2022-2023 | Fully Funded
- USTC Scholarship China 2022 | Fully Funded
- Queen Elizabeth Common Wealth Scholarship for International Students for the 2022-2023
- NUTM Scholars Program 2022-2023
- MTN Science And Technology Scholarship Awards For 2022
- University Of Alberta International Scholarship Award
- York University Tentanda Via Awards For International Students In Canada
Duke University Ranking
Duke University is a world class university with the following rankings:
#23 – world best university (2022)
#50 – QS world University ranking
#51 – QS WUR ranking by subject
#28 – Graduate employability ranking
#13 – US UNI (universities)
I believe you have enjoyed reading this article up to this level and you were able to find answers to all your questions about Duke University Acceptance Rate and more. For any comment, please make use of the comment section.
Please do well to share this article to others.