Are you looking for Financial Aids to support your undergraduate or postgraduate education from America? Have you been searching for ongoing scholarship opportunities for International students?
The application American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for 2023 fall is currently ongoing. This scholarship opportunity is for international students who would like to further their education at American University. The management of the University invites all interested and suitably qualified applicants for the application.
In this article, you are going to see everything that you expected to know about the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship; the eligibility for the application, how to apply, the application period and many other vital information relating to this scholarship.
Continue to read this article if you would like to get more detailed information about the scholarship.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship was instituted to promote educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of American University – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision.
The AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change, and will return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in their home country.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGLS) was written by International Admissions Director Evelyn Levinson in 2011 to promote educational access and opportunity to international undergraduate students while enhancing AU’s international diversity.
Bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision.
Levinson envisioned American University Emerging Global Leader Scholars who would be dedicated to positive civic and social change, and who would return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in their home countries.
This most prestigious scholarship covers tuition, fees, housing, and board and is available for only one international student per year. It is renewable for a total of up to four years of undergraduate study. Each year, the Office of Enrollment receives almost 1,000 inquiries from international students around the world, and approximately 100 students apply.
Five American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship finalists are identified and must complete a rigorous series of Zoom interviews and special essays before a candidate is selected.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship would also serve as AU Diplomat international student ambassadors. These scholars have not disappointed.
You May Also Like:
Eligibility for American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Application
The application for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is open for all International Student but special consideration shall be given to applicants with the following eligibility criteria:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading subscore
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above)
- Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher. Each sub-score must be 169 or higher.
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2023.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2023.
- AU EGLS applicants must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2023. Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
Those Who Will Not Be Considered
Applicants that belong to any of the following categories shall not be considered for the 2023-2024 American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship.
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, U.S. pending permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2021.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Application Procedures
The application for American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship can be done online only via the University’s official application portal. Applicants should follow the step by step procedure given below:
- Complete the online AU EGLS application; the application form will be available September 1, 2023.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be uploaded via your Future Eagle Portal or sent by fax to +1-202-885-1025.
- Submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English, PTE, or Cambridge Assessment English Test score results by December 15, 2023 at the latest. Please have official English proficiency score reports sent directly to American University Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by AU EGLS priority deadline of December 15, 2023, or by January 15, 2023 at the latest. Please note that preliminary AU EGLS application packet must include a bank letter confirming a minimum of US$4,000 (not US$73,802). Students who do not submit a complete application packet with all supporting documents by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- If you are applying through a program supported by EducationUSA or if you are a past FLEX or YES high school scholarship recipient from the U.S. Department of State, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming your candidacy. You may request for the letter to be sent to [email protected] as a PDF.
- If you are not selected as one of the finalists, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC and eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, to continue the application process, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$73,802 (estimated costs for first year of study).
Deadline for the Application
The priority deadline for the application of the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for fall 2023 is December 15, 2023, though application can still be accepted until January 15, 2024. All applicant are advised to submit their application on before the priority deadline to ensure proper review of their applications.
Worth of the Scholarship
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States.
The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets, and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Only one AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is available for Fall 2023. If you are not selected as the 2023 AU EGL recipient and wish to continue the application process, you may be eligible for partial merit scholarships.
However, you will need to submit proof of additional funds beyond the initial U.S.$4,000 you provided. Estimated costs for the 2023-2024 academic year are U.S.$73,802.
I believe that you have clarified on anything concerning the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship through this article. For more inquiries or any comments on this topic, kindly make use of the comment section below.
You can take advantages of so many other scholarship opportunities by the following the undergraduate and postgraduate as follow:
Please do well to share this article to others using any of available buttons below.