The official BUK admission requirements for Engineering Departments have been published online. Read more about it in this article.
Are you a prospective student of the Bayero University, Kano (BUK) or an intending applicant of the Bayero University, Kano admission into any engineering department? If your response to any of the above questions are ‘yes’, ensure that you read this article to the end.
Their article serves the right guide to getting admission into engineering department in the Bayero University, Kano (BUK) at any level. These include; undergraduate admission (via UTME and Direct Entry) and postgraduate admission (Masters Degree, Postgraduate Diploma and Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Engineering).
I have heard a lot of BUK prospective students complaining that they applied for admission into the institution but they were not offered admission. Before you start complaining as an applicant, you are expected to go through the admission requirements for the courses that you have applied for.
Then you will get to note if there is any qualification that the institution demands from applicants that you do not possess. If there is, you work towards getting them/it ready before your next application.
If you are interested in any Engineering programme in the institution, this the information that you cannot afford to miss as far as admission processes are concerned.
After reading this article, you would tell whether you are qualified for the programme that you are applying for or not.
To know more about the Bayero University, Kano (BUK) admission requirements for engineering departments, kindly read this article to the end.
Admission Requirements For Bachelors Of Engineering
For the B. Eng., students can be offered admission into either the 100 or 200 levels of the 5-year programmes. This will be dependent on the mode of entry used by the applicant.
For UTME Candidates:
For admission through UTME, candidates;
- must obtained an acceptable score in UTME
- must get the required score in BUK Post UTME
- have minimum of credits level passes at SSCE or GCE (O LEVEL) in five subjects that include; English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in not more than 2 sittings.
For Direct Entry Candidates
Candidate seeking admission through Direct Entry into any Engineering course at undergraduate level should possess any the under listed qualifications
- Passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at GCA (A level) or equivalent.
- Overall credit level pass at National Diploma (ND) in the relevant discipline and distinction passes in three subjects including Mathematics.
- Credit level passes in relevant subjects including Mathematics at Higher National Diploma (HND).
See Also: Official BUK Courses and Requirements
SPECIAL ADMISSION (Three–Year Programme):
Candidates with HND in relevant subjects, having obtained a minimum of Upper Credit are admitted into Level 300.
Duration of the Programme
The minimum duration of the programmed is five academic sessions for candidates who enter with Senior Secondary School Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications.
Candidates admitted under Direct Entry and special entry will spend a minimum of four and three academic sessions respectively provided that they satisfy all the other University requirements
Tips to Scoring Above 300 in JAMB
Four Ways to Get Admission Without Using JAMB Score
How to Secure Admission with a Low UTME Score
Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Diploma in Electrical Engineering (PGDEE)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least lower credit pass or
- B.Sc., B.Eng., or B.Tech. degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least Third class in addition to:
- Satisfied University matriculation requirement
Admission Requirements for Master of Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering
- A First Class, a Second Class (Upper Division) or a good Second Class (Lower Division) degree with CGPA not below 2.75 on a scale of 0.00 – 5.00 provided University matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- A good postgraduate diploma with CGPA of 3.00 and above from Bayero University and a minimum CGPA of 3.50 from any other recognized University provided matriculation requirements of Bayero University Kano is satisfied.
Admission Requirements for Doctor of Philosophy degree in Electrical Engineering
- A Master degree of Bayero University or any recognized University in the relevant area with a CGPA of at least 4.00 and a thesis of at least a grade B or 60%.
- An outline of the proposed research to be undertaken by the candidate
- Satisfied University matriculation requirement.
Now that you have seen the admission requirements for Engineering programmes, you can go ahead with application for admission if possess all the stated requirements.
For any other questions about the BUK Admission Requirements for Engineering Departments, kindly make use of the comment section below this article.
Please do not forget to share this article others.