The Tongarewa Scholarship is proudly available to international students at Victoria University of Wellington for the academic year 2024. This scholarship, which provides financial aid for tuition, demonstrates the university’s dedication to its multicultural, international community.
The Tongarewa Scholarships are offered for a year of study and are partially fee-based. International students can apply to these programmes if they are starting their postgraduate studies at Victoria University of Wellington or are just starting their undergraduate programme. Based on academic achievement, the awards are given, and the tuition for the following year is reduced.
Tongarewa Scholarship Details
- Tenure: One year
- Closing Dates: June 1, 2024
- Levels: Master’s Research, Master’s by coursework, All postgraduate, First year students, School leaver
- Scholarship is for: International students only
- Value: $5,000 or $10,000
Additional Benefits: Successful candidates are guaranteed a place in one of the university’s Halls of Residence, subject to an accommodation application being submitted on time.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program 2024
- Charles Darwin University Scholarships | CDU International Scholarships in Australia
- Ingryd Scholarship Program 2024
- Radboud Scholarships 2024 at Radboud University
- Must be international students paying full international fees.
- Entering the first year of an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate degree.
- Not eligible if:
- Completed secondary education in New Zealand.
- Completed the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) or Foundation Studies Programme.
- Are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from partner universities.
- Are in the second year of the same degree programme at Victoria University.
How to Apply for Tongarewa Scholarship
The application method for the Tongarewa scholarship is quite simple as students just need to submit an online application for it.
- Complete an online application of Tongarewa scholarship by 4:30 pm on the closing date.
- Supporting documentation, including references, must be received by the deadline.
Scholarship Specific Documentation
- A personal statement of up to 500 words.
- Full transcripts and other relevant documentation.
- An admission offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington.
Selection Process: A panel comprising Wellington University International staff will make the selection.
Further Details: The scholarships are applied to tuition after the designated trimester’s final withdrawal date for the courses they were awarded.
- Top University In California 2024
- Top Universities in Germany 2024
- Top Universities In Denmark 2024
- Top universities In Nigeria 2024
Guidelines and Condition
- The scholarship cannot be postponed and must be used in the year it is awarded.
- The scholarship may be held alongside other awards.
- Partial repayment is expected if the recipient withdraws or fails to make satisfactory progress.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for the University and participate in events or marketing if requested.
- Special circumstances may allow for modifications to the terms and conditions.