CRUTECH Courses And Requirements 2023/2024 Academic Session: This is important information that you cannot afford to miss. The Cross River State of Technology (CRUTECH) has reviewed the list of available undergraduate courses for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Cross River University of Technology was established in August 2002 by Cross River State Bill No. 9 recently amended as Bill No. 6 of 2004. The Cross River University of Technology is an outcome of a merger of three former tertiary institutions (The Polytechnic, Calabar, the College of Education, Akamkpa and the Ibrahim Babangida College of Agriculture, Ovonum, Obubra) owned by the Cross River State Government.
The university is established primarily to provide basic training and research and to impart research skills to equip Nigerians of various backgrounds in all areas of technology. Emphasis is however placed on catchment areas of the university to enable the exploitation of the enormous natural resources for sustainable development of Cross River State. The university is a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal.
The Cross River State University of Technology also known as University of Cross River (UNICROSS) is a State-owned university that is located in South-Southern geopolitical zone in Nigeria. The university offers range of undergraduate courses.
In this particular post, I am going to be discussing the undergraduate courses that are offered in the university. If you are prospective applicant of the CRUTECH Admission or you are interested in making the university one of your choices of institution during JAMB Registration, just that this article will be very important to you.
List of CRUTECH courses that I am going to discuss in this article are all under the following faculties:
- Faculty of Agriculture & Forestry
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Communication Technology
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Sciences
The courses that are accredited in all these faculties are as shown below.
List of Courses Offered In CRUTECH
- Agricultural Science and Education Agriculture
- Animal Health and Environmental Biology
- Biological Science (S)
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Chemical Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Educational Administration and Planning
- Educational Foundations and Administration
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Estate Management
- Forestry and Wildlife
- Guidance and Counselling
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Human Anatomy
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics With Statistics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Biochemistry
- Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Technical Education
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Visual Arts and Technology
- Wood Production Engineering
CRUTECH Admission Requirements
Getting admission into any of undergraduate courses in the Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH) as listed in the previous section of this article requires that the applicant must possess some minimum entry requirements in line with the provision of the university. Some of the major admission requirements into CRUTECH are as follow:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 160 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take CRUTECH Post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
Read More On: CRUTECH Admission Requirements
You can make use of the comment section under this article if have any questions about CRUTECH Courses and Requirements 2023/2024 Academic Session.
Do not forget to share this article with others.