A lot of persons must have been asking, “What are requirements for admission into the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) undergraduate programmes?” or “what does it take to get admission into Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH).
Among other information that you are going to see in this article is the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) admission requirements.
This article has been specially prepared for those who have applied for admission into the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) undergraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Also, if you are interested in getting admission the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH), maybe in the future, this article is of very important to you.
To get the required information from this article, it expected that you read to the end as the Emonprime team unveil the truth about the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) admission requirements for you.
Mode of Entry into Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH)
Entry into the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) undergraduate programmes may be granted by the management of the institution through any of these two methods;
- The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) method.
- the Direct Entry (DE) methods
As you read this post, you are going to see the requirements for any of the modes of entry that you have chosen.
Duration of Undergraduate Programmes In Cross River State University Of Technology (CRUTECH)
The duration of undergraduate studies in the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) varies according to the programmes and the mode of entry into the programme.
According to modes of entry, the duration for undergraduate programmes in the institution is as follow;
- UTME candidates are expected to spend minimum of four (4) years and a maximum of six (6) years on the programme.
- Direct Entry (DE) students are expected to spend a minimum of three (3) years and a maximum of five (5) years on the programme.
The one year difference in the durations shown above is because while UTME candidates are starting from 100 level, the Direct Entry candidates are starting from 200 level.
Top 12 Recognized Institutions Offering Graphic Design Courses In Nigeria | Universities And Colleges
List Of Courses Offered In National Open University [NOUN]
List Of Nigerian Universities Courses And Admission Requirements
CRUTECH General Admission Requirements
The minimum general entry requirements for admission into Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH) are O/L SSC/GCE/NECO Credit level passes in five (5) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and one relevant Science subject selected from the following group (Biology, Health/General Science, Agricultural Science, Physics and Chemistry), obtained at not more than two sittings.
Candidates for either UTME or Direct Entry should also be aware that he/she must also fulfill the departmental and faculty admission requirements as shown in the next section of this article.
CRUTECH Admission Requirements For Faculty Of Science
The CRUTECH departmental/faculty admission requirements are sectioned according to modes admission as shown below:
Candidates for UTME admission must have;
- Made the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) their first choice institution in UTME.
- Scored up to 130 and above in UTME
- Attained 16 years of age.
- Five credits passes at SSCE, NECO, GCE O’ Level or equivalent including English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
Direct Entry Admissions
In addition to possessing the O’Level requirements as stipulated for the UTME candidates above, candidates who wish to be admitted into Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) through direct entry should also possess other requirements.
Candidates for direct entry admission must have;
- Passes in Biology and Chemistry at GCE A ‘Level, IJMB or equivalent.
- Passes at credit level in ND Science Laboratory Technology (SLT)
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
The following are the graduation requirements for students in the faculty of Science
before they would be honoured with Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree award in any of their chosen courses of study:
- A student is expected to pass a minimum of 141 credit units with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 1.50.
CRUTECH Admission Requirements For Faculty Of Engineering
Just like the admission requirements for the students of Faculty of Science, the Faculty of Engineering also has their own special admission requirements. It is also divided according to their modes entry.
UTME Admission Requirements
The Department offers a five years programme for the Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng) Honors Degree in Engineering.
The admission requirements for UTME candidates into any of the courses in the Faculty of engineering include the following;
- five (5) ordinary level credit pass in West Africa Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSSC), General Certificate of Education (GCE) or the Nigerian Examination Council Ordinary level (NECO) in not more than two sitting.
- The credits passes must include English language, mathematic, physics and chemistry.
- The candidates should also a minimum of 150 in UTME.
- The candidates must also meet the CRUTECH Post-UTME Screening test minimum requirement for engineering candidates.
Direct Entry Requirements.
CRUTECH Direct entry admission requirement are based on a combination of ‘O’ level results with the following qualifications:
a. G.C.E or HSC (‘A’ level two papers in physics, mathematics or chemistry)
b. OND (Upper credit)
c. HND (Upper credit)
Candidates with qualification as (a) and (b) above may be admitted into 200 level and those with the qualifications as in (c) may be admitted into 300 level.
d. All the candidates must meet the basic minimum requirement of five (5) credits passes in O’level in relevant subject as specified in the general entry requirements.
The entry requirement as stated in this article is authentic but can still be changed by the school management on annual basis. Meanwhile, this article shall be updated should such change is made by the institution.
See also: CRUTECH Admission Lists
Check the following posts:
Different Faculties and Departments in Nigerian Universities
How to Get Admission with a Low JAMB Score
Four Ways to get admission Without Using JAMB Score
For any other questions about the Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH) admission requirements for the 2022/2023 academic session, kindly use the comment section below.
Please share this article with others if it has helped you.