It is now official that the Approved UNIJOS Courses and Admission Requirements for 2022/2023 Academic Session have been published by the management of the institution.
This article will be giving all the interested applicants of the University of Jos (UNIJOS) undergraduate admission a detailed clue about the available undergraduate courses to be run by the institution for the 2022/2023 academic session.
If you are a prospective candidate of the University of Jos (UNIJOS) for undergraduate programmes, it is very important that you do not leave this website without reading this article to the end.
One of the reasons why most candidates do find it difficult in making their choices of courses of study is the lack of knowledge about the available undergraduate courses in any institution they choose to study in.
I believe that you have been looking forward to seeing the list of available courses to be offered in the University of Jos (UNIJOS) and the entry requirements for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Having understood what students pass through in search of the approved UNIJOS courses and admission requirements, the Emonprime Team has considered it right to publish this article for your benefit.
Complete List of Approved UNIJOS Courses for 2022/2023 Academic Session
The University of Jos (UNIJOS) offers the under listed courses for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Faculty of Agriculture
- Crop and Soil Science
- Crop and Environmental Protection
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
- Animal Production and Nutrition
- Animal Breeding, Physiology and Biotechnology
- Agricultural Economics and Management
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Forestry and Wild Life Management
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Horticulture and Irrigation Agronomy
Faculty of Arts
- History and International Studies
- Linguistics and Nigeria Languages
- Mass Communication
- Religion and Philosophy
- Archeology and Heritage Studies
- Foreign Languages
- Theater and Film Arts
Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Medicine and Surgery
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Faculty of Health Sciences & Technology
- Nursing Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Medical Radiology
Faculty of Dental Sciences
- Dental Surgery
- Restorative Dentistry
- Oral Pathology
- Child Oral Health
- Oral and Maxillofacial
- Preventive Dentistry
Faculty of Education
- Arts Education
- Educational Foundation
- Science and Technology Education
- Social Science Education
- Special Education and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Physical and Health Education
Faculty of Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Estate Management
- Geography and Planning
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Fine and Applied Arts
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Actuarial Science
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Business Management
Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Computer Science
- Plant Science and Technology
- Remedial Sciences
- Science Laboratory Technology
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Political Science
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Theriogeniology and Production
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology
- Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology
- Veterinary Parasitology and Entolomology
- Veterinary Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology
- Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
UNIJOS Admission Requirements
For any candidate to be qualified for admission into the University of Jos (UNIJOS) undergraduate programmes, there certain qualifications that such individual must possess; that is the admission requirements.
The university of Jos (UNIJOS) admission requirements for every academic year are usually broadly sectioned into two depending on the mode of entry chosen by the candidates.
The admission requirements for the 2022/2023 academic session cover both the UTME Candidates and Direct Entry Candidates.
A. UNIJOS Admission Requirements for UTME ENTRY Mode
- Credit passes in five (5) WASCE/NECO/GCE (O’level) subjects or its equivalent as approved by the University Senate, including English Language, Mathematics, and any other three (3) relevant subjects.
- The O’ level results must not exceed two sittings for those using combined results.
- In addition, candidates must have UTME JAMB scores high enough for the cut-off point set for the year in which the applications are being considered.
Tips to Scoring Above 300 in JAMB
Four Ways to Get Admission Without Using JAMB Score
How to Secure Admission with a Low UTME Score
B. UNIJOS Admission Requirements for Direct Entry Mode
- Passes at the Advanced Level in GCE, IJMB or an approved equivalent examination in two or three of relevant subjects.
- Candidates should have a minimum of ND/HND/Diploma/NCE/ Bachelors Degree certificate in any related fields from a recognised institution by the school senate.
How to Get Admission in University of Jos (UNIJOS)
Having read about the Updated University of Jos (UNIJOS) undergraduate courses and admission requirements in the previous section, you are going to get a bonus package in this section.
In this section, I will show you some other things that you must do if you really want stand a better chance of securing admission in the institution than other candidates.
Candidates who wish to get admission easily in the University of Jos (UNIJOS) must do the following:
- Apply for UNIJOS admission only if he/she is up to 16 years old
- Make the institution your first choice institution
- Get the minimum UTME cut-off mark for any your selected course of study
- Participate in the UNIJOS Post-UTME Screening exercise and score very high.
- Change to other less competitive courses if you JAMB/Post-UTME scores are/is not as high as required for the previously selected course.
- Always avoid late applications and others processes.
- Strictly follow the UNIJOS instructions/guideline for admission.
- Pray for God’s grace if you have done all of the above.
Did you find this article helpful? For more questions about the Approved UNIJOS Courses and Admission Requirements for the 2022/2023 Academic Session, kindly make use of the comment box below.
Please do well to share this information to others.