Are you interested in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards for the 2022/2023 academic year?
Do you wish to apply for Master’s Degree programme in Chemistry in the University of Calabria (UNICAL)? I believe that by reading this article, you have responded positively to these questions above.
You are expected to know the Admission Requirements for MSc in Chemistry.
That is the first thing that you are expected to check before you can start the application for the programme.
This article has been carefully prepared for those who would be interested in the application of the Masters’ Degree Programme in the University of Calabria (UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Carefully read this post to the end if you are one those candidates that are applying for the programme.
About MSc in Chemistry in University of Calabria
Here’s the summary of the Masters’ Degree programme in Chemistry in University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards For The 2022/2023 Academic Year.
Duration: 2 years
Start date: October 1, 2022.
Total number of hours (number of ECTS credits): 3000 hours (120 ECTS credits)
Admission Requirements MSc in Chemistry in University of Calabria
- Admittance to the MSc Degree in Chemistry requires knowledge in maths, physics and chemistry appropriate for those with first-level University degrees; at least B1-Level English competence.
- Preference will be given to students with Bachelor Degrees in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry or comparable degrees (evaluated by the Department Council on a single case basis).
- Students holding other Bachelor Degrees/Three-year Diplomas who attained at least 60 ECTS coursework in the following areas are also encouraged to apply: Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Physics, Physics of Fundamental Interaction, Applied Physics, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Food Chemistry.
Context of the Programme
The MSc Degree in Chemistry in University of Calabria (UNICAL) is targeted at training chemists who can use chemistry to ingeniously optimize and conserve the wealth of resources at the heart of the Mediterranean as well as ensuring their sustainability.
The MSc Degree course offers two curricula:
- The Chemistry of Environment, Health and Local Resources: theoretical and practical applications of advanced methods of chemical analysis; processes of transport and diffusion of substances; modern methodologies and techniques in applied analytical chemistry (e.g. for quality control of foods, soils, industrial waste, etc.).
- Chemistry of Sustainable Materials: environmentally friendly organic synthesis methods; metal catalysis; smart materials; spectroscopic and diffractometric analysis of materials; synthesis of functional materials.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes of the Programme
At the end the programme, all graduates of MSc in chemistry from the University of Calabria (UNICAL) are expected to achieve the following:
- Mastery of advanced-level knowledge and laboratory skills in chemistry;
- Creative application of advanced knowledge and skills to solve problems in environmental chemistry, chemistry of materials and chemical issues in the life sciences;
- Design and operation of environmentally sustainable processes;
- Understanding of molecular structures and interactions to monitor and shape macroscopic properties;
- Effective communication of chemistry knowledge and processes, both in oral and written form;
- Identification of chemical solutions to local issues such as the optimization of local agro-food resources and reuse of waste materials of local industries.
Major Topics to Consider in the Programme
Candidates of the MSc in Chemistry in the University of Calabria (UNICAL) are to bear in mind that they are going to consider the following topics during the periods of the programme.
- Analytical Methods for Environment, Health and Agro-food Products
- Environmental Physical Chemistry
- Molecular and Nanostructured Materials
- Chemistry of Organic Materials
- Analytical Chemistry of Materials
- Materials and Devices for Renewable Energy
- Structure and Intermolecular Interactions
- Catalysis and Sustainable Chemistry
Recommended Scholarship Awards
Chevening Scholarship UK 2022-2023 | Fully Funded
USTC Scholarship China 2022 | Fully Funded
York University Tentanda Via Awards for International Students in Canada
Federal Government Scholarship for Bilateral Education Agreement 2022/2023
University of Alberta International Scholarship Award
How to Secure Admission and Study Abroad
Employability and careers
Any student who successfully completed this programme should expect a very good job and career breakthrough in any of the following areas:
- Clinical laboratories in public or private health structures
- Research & Development and/ or Production & Control of new materials in chemistry-specific sectors such as pharmaceutics, cosmetics, construction, textile laboratories, etc.
- Research & Development in other companies/corporations;
Renewed and Renewable Materials.
Read more about the application for the programme at: University Of Calabria (Italian: Università Della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards.
Please do well to share this information to others