The application for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024 Academic session is now open. What are you still waiting for? Take advantage of this uncommon opportunity as you go through the detailed information that I shall be unveiling to you in this article.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is a fully-funded study opportunity especially for Africans who have completed their secondary or high school education are willing to proceed to their undergraduate education particularly in Covenant University or Landmark University, both in Nigeria.
Applications are specially welcomed from all interested and suitably qualified candidates from Africa for the 2023/2024 scholarship award by the David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF). Interested applicants are enjoined to begin their application processes as quick as possible.
In the article, I will be showing you everything that you need for the application of the scholarship program. You are also going to see some prerequisites for you to be selected as a beneficiary of this great opportunity.
Read this article carefully to the end if you really want to get every detail on how you can apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship for 2023/2024 academic session.
- About David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
- David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024
- Requirements for the Application of David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
- David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Application Timeline
- DOF Scholarship Selection Process And Criteria
- David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Application Instructions
- How to Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
About David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship programme is our major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full-ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries.
The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities, and their local countries.
The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria. Continue reading this post to see the application portal and how to begin the application.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024
Type of scholarship: Undergraduate
Organisation giving the scholarship: DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION
Country of study: Nigeria
Course to study: All Courses
Countries to Apply: All African countries
Gender: Men and Women
Duration: 5 years
Application Deadline: July 1, 2023
You May Also Read About:
- University Of California Acceptance Rate
- Institutions That Accept CSC Scholarship In China | Complete List
- CSC Scholarship For American Students | Shaanxi Normal University, China
- Shaanxi Normal University International Student Scholarship Program
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
All applicants of David Oyedepo Scholarship program should take note that the scholarship is not liable for all their academic expenses. You need to check the ones that the scholarship is going to take care of and the ones that will be left for you to carter for.
In this section, I am going to show you what David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship (DOF) for 2023/2024 would cover and those it will not.
The scholarship is only limited to Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance with the University stipulated time for the duration of the chosen course).
On the other hand, the scholarship does not cover the following:
- The travel allowances.
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside university generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
Requirements for the Application of David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
Now that you have seen what the scholarship would cover, are you interested in the application? If ‘Yes’, let me also show you what will qualify you for the application.
Who should apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program?
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship programme is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
Are between the ages of 16 and 25 at the time of application submission.
Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
1. At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
2. 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
3. Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, the award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Application Timeline
|June 15th, 2023||Application Open|
|July 31st, 2023||Application Close|
|August-September, 2023||Finalisation of finalists’ applicants and contact of same|
|October, 2023||Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University|
DOF Scholarship Selection Process And Criteria
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need-dependent, merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel.
Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, the applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence the home community with skills learned .
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Application Instructions
Interested applicants of the scholarship should take note of the following and ensure that they follow the application instructions as given in this section.
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet-based application system. You will need to access a computer and internet to apply.
- Ensure that you make use a scanner to scan any document that you must upload during the application
NOTE: SNAPPING DOCUMENTS WITH PHONES WILL DISQUALIFY YOU.
3. You do not have to finish your application in one session.
4. You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary.
5. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
6. You must submit your completed application by the deadline; however, you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
7. Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded must be translated in English. All answers in the application, including written responses to essays, must be your original work.
8. Only applicants who complete this application will be considered. Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
How to Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
The application process of the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship is divided into four sections. You are expected to complete each of the section one after the other.
General/Contact Information Section
The activities that are to be carried out in this section are as follow:
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form.
- You will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage.
- Information filled in Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians
- The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection process.
- Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
- For the exam results section, the name of the Nationally Recognized O’level exams should be inserted including the date the exam was taken. (This exam varies for different countries).
- All subjects taken should be captures in the exam results section along with corresponding grades A combination of two different certificate exams is not permitted JAMB result is specific to ONLY Nigerian Applicants.
- All Nigerian applicants must insert JAMB result for application to be considered
In the recommendation Section, you are expected to;
- Insert personal information and contact details for an Academic referee (i.e. academic staff who is aware of your academic progress and other school-related affairs).
Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual needs to be uploaded in the ‘upload credentials’ section of the application.
- Insert personal information and contact details for a Religious Referee (i.e. a cleric who is aware of your spiritual progress and other personal and character-related affairs).
Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual needs to be uploaded in the uploads section of the application.
- Note that parents or guardians CANNOT be listed as referees.
This section includes 5 essay questions that must be completed. Each essay has a word limit of 500 words and must under no circumstances be exceeded.
Your responses would give an opportunity to the selection committee to better understand you as a leader, including your desire to participate in the programme.
English language proficiency is required for participation in the Scholarship program. All activities and communication would be done in English without the opportunity for translation. Please fill in the portion of the application evaluating your language skills as accurately as possible.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Application Portal
The official application portal for the scholarship is: https://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal. No applicant should submit his/her application on any other portal other than the one that has been provided above.
- Microsoft Cloud & Data Scholarship
- CUHK Design Talent International Scholarship
- Federal Government Scholarship for BEA
- Italian Government Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for International Students
- University Of Calabria International Scholarship – A.Y.
- Chevening Scholarship UK | Fully Funded
- USTC Scholarship China | Fully Funded
- Queen Elizabeth Common Wealth Scholarship for International Students
- NUTM Scholars Program
- MTN Science And Technology Scholarship Awards
- University Of Alberta International Scholarship Award
- York University Tentanda Via Awards For International Students In Canada
Deadline for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is 11.59 pm GMT+01.00 on Saturday 1st July 2023.
These are everything you need to know about David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024. If you have any other question, kindly make use of the comment section below this article.
Do not forget share this article to others.