The application for the 2022 Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme is ongoing. Interested Nigerian Youth should quickly visit the official application portal to submit an entry.
The application deadline is 31st December, 2022.
Are Nigerian Youth residing in any rural part of the 36 states of the country? Have you considered being self-employed through one vocation or the other? Are you interested in getting skill that will change your life and give you the kind of joy that you desire? If your answer to any of the above question is ‘YES’, make sure that you take this information very serious.
The kind of opportunity that you cannot afford to miss is here again. That is the Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programmes (RYSA) 2022. Do well to take advantage of this great opportunity.
You might be asking “What is this RYSA Program all about?” “How can I be a part of this program?” you do not have to worry about all that. That is the reason why I have decided to publish this article here your benefit.
In this article, I am going explain to you what the program is all about, how it is important to you as a Nigerian youth, the necessary requirements for the application and how to apply for the program.
Are you set to know more about the RYSA Program 2022? Continue to read this article to the end.
Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme
The Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme RYSA is organised by the Centre for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development with support from the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
This is in partnership with UNCDF, UNIDO and EU who have contributed immensely towards the funding of the programme. RYSA programme is designed to take the skill acquisition programmes to the rural youth population with the objectives to create income-earning opportunities, stem youth restiveness, discourage rural-urban drift and grow the local economy.
The target youths demography are Nigerians youths who are of native origins from a rural community and are also in need of business start-ups and fundamental business skills
Components of Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme
The RYSA programme has two major components:
1. The Practical / Hands-on training: This entails training of beneficiaries of the programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. This training will be carved out by Master Trainers designated across different communities Nationwide.
2. The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS Is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for twelve weeks in the course of the practical/hands-on training programmes. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success In life and business.
Community Business School (CBS) Course Outline:
1. Introduction to Business
2. Customer Relations
4. Book Keeping
5. Community Service and Volunteerism
6. Business Networking
7. Business Modelling
List of Skill-Sets/Enterprises/Ventures :
1. Aluminum Profiling
2. Catering and Confectioneries
3. Electrical Installations and Repairs
4. Fashion and Designs
5. Hair Dressing
8. POP, Screed Making and Painting
10. Welding and Fabrication
11. Woodwork and Furniture
12. Solar Works
13. Auto Mechanic
Eligibility Requirements for Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme
The criteria that must be met by applicants for selection are;
- Must be between eighteen (18) to thirty-five (35) years of age.
- Must hail from a rural community accross the 36 states in Nigeria.
- Must have First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) or higher.
- Must have basic knowledge on any of the listed enterprises/ventures , and have shown interests in RYSA program.
- Be willing to learn new skills in the choosen area, which will help grow his/her personal venture after the training course.
- Interested candidates must enroll and pass the proficiency test in his/her chosen skill area to be eligible for the programme.
- Beneficiaries must complete the Refresher/CBS training before the Start-up Packs presentation.
- Candidates must pass the training completion proficiency test and Community Business School (CBS) training test before been awarded Certificate and given support.
- Successful Beneficiaries must subject themselves to the mentoring process of the Centre for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development.
Benefits to RYSA Trainees:
1. Monthly Stipend
Beneficiaries of the program will receive the minimum monthly stipend of N50,000 in the course of their 6(six) months training with RYSA
The Startup-packs for RYSA Nigeria program are;
- Work Tools
- Seed Grants
The Work Tools are equipment that will be given to beneficiaries at the end of the training, which will be used to start up their own enterprise. While the Seed Grant supports their ventures as new employers of manpower.
How to Apply for Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme 2023
The application for the Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programmes (RYSA) 2023 is done online and the application portal is https://rysa.ng/apply. To apply for this programme, applicant should follow the step by step guidelines that I am going to give in this section of the article.
Step 1-Complete the online application
- Interested applicant should visit the Application Portal
- Create account with a valid email and password
- Complete and submit the online application form , which will require confirming their registration with a valid email address then setting up your contact information This will also involve uploading the electronic versions of the following documents:
Documents Required For the Application
If you do not receive the verification email, kindly wait for 10-15minutes then login with your registered email address and password.
Do not upload documents that are larger than 500kbs, it will not be processed.
1. Passport Photograph: must be with white background and must be in jpg or png format only.
2. Local Government Certificate of Origin: must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
3. Birth Certificate or Sworn Afidavit of Age Declaration: must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
4. Means of Identification: This should be either of the following; NIN, Voters ID, Drivers License, International Passports. These also must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
Step 2-Select a Skill-set/Enterprises/Ventures:
Candidates are required to select one preferred Skill-Sets/ Enterprises below for training and empowerment with RYSA.
|1||Catering & Confectioneries||6 Months|
|3||Hair Dressing||6 Months|
|5||Interlocking/ Tiling||6 Months|
|7||POP and Screed-making||6 Months|
|8||Electrical Installations and Repairs||6 Months|
|9||Aluminium Profiling||6 Months|
|11||Fashion Designing||6 Months|
|12||Solar Works||6 Months|
|13||Auto Mechanic||6 Months|
Step 3-Motivation/Personal statement
Interested Candidates are to complete the online Motivation/Personal statement form, this should focus on your motivations and reasons for applying for RYSA training and empowerment programme, how the knowledge you will gain if selected, be of benefit to you and your rural community.
Step 3-Proficiency Skill Test Enrollment & Gurantors
Candidates should Click Enroll for Proficiency Skill Test button to enroll for the proficiency test (charges may apply).
Please note that All Candidates must get enrolled for proficiency skill test as it is mandatory. The test will be conducted online based on the selected skill-sets in the next stage of the selection process.
Candidates are advised to take the practice test
Applicants of RYSA Nigeria should fill and submit the guarantors form to complete the application process.
For any Proficiency Skill Test related issues contact [email protected]
Step 4-Application Summary
Applicants for RYSA should take the time to review their applications before clicking on the SUBMIT button. Ensure that all information is entered correctly and there are no typographical errors. This might just be the difference between an automatic rejection and been shortlisted for the next stage of selection process.
If there are errors in your application after thorough review, please click on the Restart application button to begin your application from Step 1.
Please note that, you will be required to take the Proficiency Skill Test enrollment again (Charges may apply) ,if you have restarted your application only this time with the correct information you have updated.
After Review and every information checks out correctly, then you can proceed to submit your application. No corrections can be made after submission.
If you have any other questions about the Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programmes 2023, kindly make use of the comment section under this article.
Do well to share this article to others using any of the buttons below.