The online application for Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 is ongoing. Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply now.
Are interested in taking your academic journey to the higher levels through International Universities? Would you like to study in any of the Chinese Universities? If you have responded positively to these questions, make sure you take advantage of this great opportunity.
In this article, I will sharing everything that you are expected to know about The Shanghai Government Scholarships with all internal students from the different countries of the world. I know that you must be excited about important opportunity. For more details about the scholarship and how you can apply for it, kindly read this to the end.
- Shanghai Government Scholarship For International Students
- Overview of Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023
- Types of Shanghai Government Scholarships
- Programmes Available for Application
- Shanghai Government Scholarship Host Institutions and Websites
- Eligibility Criteria For Shanghai Government Scholarships
- How to Apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship
Shanghai Government Scholarship For International Students
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students who are interested in pursuing their respective academic journey in China. This scholarship is offered for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD studies. This scholarship covers full tuition fee, accommodation, medical insurance and monthly living expense not less than CNY3500.
Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) was instituted in 2006 with the objective of enhancing the development of international students’ education in Shanghai and attracting more and more brilliant international students into the state.
The study in Shanghai is a great Opportunity and the Shanghai Government is offering Scholarships in China to Non-Chinese Students in Multiple Disciplines.
Applications are invited from all suitably qualified international undergraduate and postgraduate scholars for the enrollment in the 2023-2024 Shanghai Government Scholarship.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship offers two types of scholarships opportunities with specific benefits.
Overview of Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institutions(s): Shanghai Universities
- Host Country: China
- Program Period: Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years, Master’s Degree
- Programs: 2 to 3 years, Doctoral Degree Programs: 3 to 4 years
- Deadline: Between January to June of each year
Types of Shanghai Government Scholarships
The Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) 2023 is of two type and they include the following:
Shanghai Government Scholarship: Type A and Benefits
The Type A scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international scholars. Other benefits of the Type A scholarship are as follow:
- Exempt From Full Tuition fee.
- Accommodation on campus
- Provide comprehensive medical insurance
- Monthly Living Expense:
- Doctoral program: CNY3500
- Graduate program: CNY3000
- Undergraduate program: CNY2500
Shanghai Government Scholarship: Type B and Benefit
The Type B is a partially funded scholarship also for international students. The benefit this scholarship includes:
- Exempt from tuition fee, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
Programmes Available for Application
Acceptable Courses for the Shanghai Government Scholarship are:
- Management Science
- Medicine, and
Shanghai Government Scholarship Host Institutions and Websites
Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students can be taken in any of the Shanghai Universities listed in the table below:
|2||Shanghai Jiao Tong University||http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn|
|3||Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine||http://www.shsmu.edu.cn/iso|
|5||East China Normal University||http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN|
|6||East China University of Science and Technology||http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/en|
|7||Shanghai International Studies University||http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn|
|9||Shanghai University of Finance and Economics||http://ices.sufe.edu.cn|
|11||University of Shanghai for Science and Technology||http://iso.usst.edu.cn|
|12||Shanghai Maritime University||http://en.shmtu.edu.cn|
|13||Shanghai Conservatory of Music||http://www.shcmusic.edu.cn|
|14||Shanghai Theatre Academy||http://www.sta.edu.cn|
|15||Shanghai University of Sport||http://cice.sus.edu.cn|
|16||East China University of Political Science and Law||http://www.ecupl.edu.cn|
|17||Shanghai Ocean University||http://admissions.shou.edu. cn/en/en?c=index|
|18||Shanghai University of Electric Power||http://fao.shiep.edu.cn/en|
|19||Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine||http://iec.shutcm.edu.cn/en|
|20||Shanghai Normal University||http://iao.shnu.edu.cn|
|21||Shanghai University of International Business and Economics||http://www.suibe.edu.cn/sis|
|22||Shanghai university of Engineering Science||http://chinese.sues.edu.cn|
|23||Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance||http://en.lixin.edu.cn/web/ home.aspx|
|24||Shanghai Polytechnic University||http://lxs.sspu.edu.cn|
|25||Shanghai Dianji University||http://guojijl.sdju.edu.cn|
|26||Shanghai Institute of Technology||http://inter.sit.edu.cn/s/56/t/ 263/p/1/c/2504/list.htm|
|27||Shanghai Business School||http://www.sbs.edu.cn/en_01|
|28||Shanghai University of Political Science and Law||http://int.shupl.edu.cn/ english/main.psp|
|29||Sanda University||http://www.sandau.edu.cn/ english/main.htm|
|30||Shanghai Jian Qiao University||http://www.iidc.gench.edu.cn|
|31||Shanghai University of Medicine & Health Sciences||http://www.sumhs.edu.cn|
|33||China Europe International Business School||http://en.ceibs.edu|
|34||Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences||http://yjs.sass.org.cn|
Eligibility Criteria For Shanghai Government Scholarships
The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 is designed for international students from any countries of the world but it is strictly specific for those that meet the requirements. The eligibility criteria for the Shanghai Government Scholarship include the following:
- Required Languages: Generally, applicant should achieve Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university and program.
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of any countries of the world except Chinese citizens.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for the master degree program must have a bachelor degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master degree and under 40.
- Outstanding in academic performance.
- Meeting entry requirements of the applied university and program.
- Applicant that has received any other scholarships offered by Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS).
How to Apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship
The official website for the application of the Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 is http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html. All the application procedures must be made online by following the steps given below:
- Applicant should register and apply online through official website.
- Submit online application and download the application form.
- Applicant should register and apply online through selected university website (List of universities is given in the table above).
- Submit online application and pay application fee (if applicable).
- After submit the online application, download and print out the application form. Mail two sets of hard-copy of application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the university where you have applied.
- Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box occasionally, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
- The result of your application will be announced both in your application account and on the bulletin of International Students’ Office website.
- Admitted students must bring the original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates listed on the admission letter. Your enrollment will be cancelled without providing the relevant certificates.
Documents Required for the Application
General Documents required for the application of the Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) are:
- Application Form from http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy):
- Photocopy of health certificate and blood test.
- Bring your original documents when entering China.
- Photocopy of passport, including all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of award in your high school (not mandatory).
- Applicants under 18 must provide a Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee.
Shanghai Government Scholarship Application Deadline
The Deadline for the application of the Shanghai Government Scholarship is between 15th March, 2023 to 1st April, 2023.
All that you have seen in this article are all that you are expected to know about the Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023. I hope that you have found useful information in the article. You can now proceed with application processes.
For any comments or inquiries about the Shanghai Government Scholarship for International student 2023, kindly visit the official website or make use of the comment section below.
Do well to share this article to others using the buttons below.