This article is for those who are interested in the undergraduate courses that are offered in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO).
Some students have been seriously searching for the lists of available undergraduate courses that are offered in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO). That is the reason why I have decided to publish this article here for the benefit of the general public.
If you know that you are one of those categories of students who have been trying to get information about the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) courses, make sure that you read article carefully to the end.
In this article, the Emonprime Team shall be providing you with all the necessary information that you need to know about the UNIUYO courses. Included in the article are admission requirements/qualifications and other admission processes that you might encounter on the process of your admission in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO).
To all the prospective undergraduate students of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO), it is very important that you read this article to know which of the available undergraduate courses to consider while making your choices in JAMB Examination.
- Faculties and Departments in University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Mode of Undergraduate Admission in University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- UNIUYO General Admission Requirements
- UNIUYO Departmental Admission Requirements
- Deferment of Admission University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Recommended Posts
- Suspension of Studies in University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
Faculties and Departments in University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
The following are the undergraduate courses that are offered in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) for the 2022/2023 academic session:
Faculty of Agriculture
- Agric Economics And Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Food Science And Technology
- Forestry And Environmental Management
- Human Ecology, Nutrition And Dietetics
- Soil Science And Land Management
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences:
- Nursing Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Nutrition & Dietetics
Faculty of Arts
- Communication Arts
- History And International Studies
- Linguistics & Nigerian Languages
- Religious & Cultural Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Foreign Languages – French
Faculty of Basic Medical Science
Faculty of Clinical Sciences:
- Chemical Pathology
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Pharmacology (In Faculty of Pharmacy)
- Community Health
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Orthopaedics & Traumatology
Faculty of Dentistry
- Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Pathology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Restorative Dentistry
Faculty of Education
- Art Education ([B. A.(Ed)] – Efik-Ibibio, French, History, Fine Arts, Music, Religious Studies, Social Studies)
- Early Childhood And Special Education
- Edu. Tech
- Library Science
- Edu. Foundation, Guidance And Counselling
- Curriculum Studies, Education Mgt. Planning
- Vocational Education
- Science Education ([B. Sc.(Ed)] – Special Education, Economics, Geography, Guidance & Counseling, Political Science, Health Education, Physical Education, Agriculture, Home Economics, Business Education(Accounting), Business Education (Office Management), Technical Education, Computer Education, Biology, Chemistry, Integrated Science, Mathematics, physics)
- Physical & Health Education
Faculty of Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Faculty of Environmental
- Estate Management
- Fine & Industrial Arts
- Quantity Surveying
- Geo-informatics & Land Surveying
- Urban And Regional Planning
Faculty of Law
- Public Law
- Private Law
- International Law And Jurisprudence
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutics And Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharmaceutical And Medical Chemistry
- Pharmacognosy And Natural Medicine
- Pharmacology And Toxicology
- Clinical And Biopharmacy
Faculty of Science
- Botany And Ecological Studies
- Computer Science
- Animal And Environmental Biology
Faculty of Social science
- Political Science And Public Administration
- Sociology And Anthropology
Mode of Undergraduate Admission in University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
The University of Uyo (UNIUYO) admits new students in their undergraduate programmes through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), the Direct Entry, through JUPEB programme or through the Pre-Degree programme.
The entry requirements seek to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to benefit from the programme. They are the laid down criteria for selection of the best to study in the university.
Just like any other universities around the world, the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) tries to ensure that it maintains the best standard of education. Hence, ensuring that candidates admitted each year meet the necessary requirements to study in the institution.
For entry into the Bachelor’s degree programmes, candidates are made to go through the screening test for all modes of admission before they can be admitted properly in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO).
UNIUYO General Admission Requirements
Admission through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
Any Candidates who wishes to be offered admission into the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) undergraduate programmes through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) should meet the following requirements:
- West African School Certificate, General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) or Senior Secondary School Certificate with at least five (5) credits passes, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
Equivalent qualifications are also acceptable (e.g. Merit in Teacher’s Grade II Certificate in approved subjects is recognized as equivalent to credit in the Senior Secondary School Certificate).
- The candidate must have an acceptable performance in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- The candidate must have satisfactory performance in the Post-UTME Screening Exercise conducted by the University.
- The candidate must also meet the departmental admission requirements.
Admission through Direct Entry (DE)
Candidates seeking admission into the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) through Direct Entry should possess any of the following qualifications, in addition to the O’level requirement as stated for the UTME candidates above.
- General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level in at least two relevant subjects.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) at Upper/Lower Credit level from recognized institutions.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) at Upper/Lower Credit level from recognized institutions.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with a minimum of merit in the relevant subject(s) from recognized institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized institutions.
- The candidate must also meet the Departmental admission requirements.
UNIUYO Departmental Admission Requirements
Admission Criteria for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB.BS) Degree
Candidates are admitted to the MB.BS Degree Programme either through the competitive JAMB examination for a six year programme; or by Direct Entry for a given year programme.
For JAMB Candidates, you are expected to possess the following requirements:
- Acceptable JAMB/UTME score
- Acceptable Post-UTME score.
- At least five credit passes in O’level including; Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English Language
For Direct Entry Students, you are to possess any of the following requirements:
- AI Level GC/HSC
- Good class degree in the Sciences.
- good grade pass in the following subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Zoology, plus a credit pass in English Language at WASCE or an equivalent examination.
Admission Criteria for Law Degree Programme
As required by the national Universities Commission (NUC), the Faculty offers courses and programmes leading to the degree of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B).
For UTME Candidates;
- Acceptable JAMB/UTME score
- Acceptable Post-UTME score.
- At least five credit passes in O’level including; English Language, Mathematics, Government, C.R.K, Literature in English.
For Direct Entry Candidates
- A good Diploma/HND certificate in a related field.
- Any good degree certificate from a recognised University.
- Must meet other departmental requirements.
- Direct Entry candidates are admitted into year two of the programme, but they may still be required to do some of the year one courses to be able to graduate.
Deferment of Admission University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
Deferment of admission happens in the case where the admitted candidate could not afford to take up his/her studies for the academic session in which he is admitted due to one circumstance or the other.
For deferment of admission to be approved by Senate, the candidate must:
1) Have appeared for screening and was found qualified for registration in the Department into which he was offered admission;
2) Have formally accepted the admission and paid the Acceptance fee;
3) Have one of the following reasons for deferment:
- financial constraint
- Ill-health, in which case, he must submit a Medical Report authenticated by the Director of Health Services of the University.
- Non-release by employer.
- family problem
Under no circumstance should a candidate defer admission in order to make up for deficiency in admission requirements.
Suspension of Studies in University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
A registered and matriculated student of the University can suspend his studies under the following conditions:
1) The student must have undergone screening, got registered and commenced studies for a period of time;
2) The student must have proffered the following reasons:
(a) financial constraint
3) The suspension of studies should normally be for a maximum period of one academic year in the first instance.
4) The application for suspension of studies should be submitted through the Head of Department to the Dean of Faculty.
5) The Faculty Board should deliberate on it and make a recommendation to Senate through the Business Committee of Senate.
I believe that you have found this article very helpful. If you still have any other question/comment about the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) Courses and Admission Requirements, kindly drop it using the comment section below.
Please do not forget to share this article to the people.