This article will give you every detail that you need about the MSc in Physics in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards for the 2023/2024 academic year.
For so many international candidates who are interested in the application for the Masters Degree programme in the named field of study in the institution, you have to take this information very serious.
Before you can apply for any programme in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL), it necessary that you should look out for the basic entry requirements and other important information about your chosen profession as stated by the school management.
The information presented in this article is going to guide you to know the specific direction that you are going about the courses. It will also help you to have a clear vision of what you are about to do.
Kindly go through this post if you are one of the candidates for the Masters Degree programme in Physics in University of Calabria (UNICAL) for the 2023/2024 academic session.
About MSc in Physics in University of Calabria, Italy
Duration: 2 years
Start date: October 1, 2023.
Total number of hours (number of ECTS credits): 3000 hours (120 ECTS credits)
Number of Scholarships: 20 slots Available
- MSc In Robotics And Automation Engineering | University Of Calabria, Italy
- MSc In Finance And Insurance | University Of Calabria Admission, Italy
- MSc in Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking | UNICAL admission, Italy
- MSC In Artificial Intelligence And Computer Science | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Mathematics | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Nutritional Sciences | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Health Biotechnology | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Computer Engineering For The Internet Of Things | UNICAL International Scholarship
- Admission Requirements For MSc In Chemistry | UNICAL International Scholarship
The University of Calabria (UNICAL) requires that any candidate who wishes to be admitted into the Masters Degree programme in Physics should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Physics
- other degrees with at least 50 ECTS in Physics and 24 ECTS in Mathematics
- English language at the level B2
The major objective of the Master’s Degree in Physics aims is to ensure that candidates complete the general basic training acquired in the Bachelor’s Degree and at offering an advanced specific training in core areas of frontier Physics.
More specifically, it strongly supports a multidisciplinary approach, which is reflected in several curricula.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes of MSc in Physics
At the end of the programme, graduates of MSc in Physics will be able to:
- describe quantitatively phenomena of the physical world and build theoretical interpretative models;
- use and develop advanced laboratory equipment;
- master programming languages for physical applications and big data analysis and to;
- use self-learning tools for rapid and continuous updating;
- work in a team, while possessing a high-level of autonomy, and smoothly join a workplace;
- present oral and written dissertations in a proficient English.
The educational offer consists of a common training area encompassing Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and five specific areas covering:
- theoretical study and data analysis from Earth and Space, numerical simulation of astrophysical systems and Sun-Earth relations, plasma physics;
- theoretical, experimental and applicative study of matter physics, with particular reference to solid state physics, surface physics, biophysics and biomedicine;
- physics and technology of materials, with particular reference to soft matter, liquid crystals, optics and photonics, and the related characterization techniques;
- theoretical and experimental study of the physics of fundamental interactions, including the physics of elementary particles and the theory of quantum fields;
- physics of the atmosphere and weather and climate systems, in accordance with the Organization World Meteorology.
Recommended Scholarship Awards
- Chevening Scholarship UK | Fully Funded
- USTC Scholarship China | Fully Funded
- York University Tentanda Via Awards for International Students in Canada
- Federal Government Scholarship for Bilateral Education Agreement
- University of Alberta International Scholarship Award
- How to Secure Admission and Study Abroad
Employability and Careers
At the finish of the MSc programme in the University of Calabria, graduates will be able to:
- undertake PhD and post-graduate specialization schools or to enter the professional world.
Career opportunities include:
- research in Physics and Applied Physics in public and private institutions;
- technological applications in industries (optics, mechanics, electronics, etc.);
- radiation protection in healthcare companies and analysis laboratories;
- software development, data analysis and modeling of complex systems in banks, insurance and consulting companies.
- geophysics and plasma physics
- Matter physics
- Physics and technology of materials
- Nuclear and subnuclear physics
- Physics of the atmosphere
- meteorology and climatology
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE TO OTHERS.