This article will give you every detail that you need about the MSc in Health Biotechnology in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards for the 2022/2023 academic year.
For so many international candidates who are interested in the application for the Masters Degree programme in the named field of study in the institution, you have to take this information very serious.
Before you can apply for any programme in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL), it necessary that you should look out for the basic entry requirements and other important information about your chosen profession as stated by the school management.
The information presented in this article is going to guide you to know the specific direction that you are going about the courses. It will also help you to have a clear vision of what you are about to do.
Kindly go through this post if you are one of the candidates for the Masters Degree programme in Health Biotechnology in University of Calabria (UNICAL) for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Overview of the MSc in Health Technology in University of Calabria
Here’s a brief summary of the Masters’ Degree programme in Health Technology in University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards For The 2022/2023 Academic Year.
Duration: 2 years
Start date: October 1, 2022.
Total number of hours (number of ECTS credits): 3000 hours (120 ECTS credits).
Candidates who would be considered for admission into the Masters Degree Programme in Health Biotechnology in University of Calabria (UNICAL) are those that possess the following requirenments:
Degree in: Biotechnology, Biology
Degree in other disciplines or other qualifications obtained in Italy or abroad, recognized as suitable according to the law in force, provided they possess basic knowledge in the disciplines and credits listed below:
- Mathematics / Physics / Informatics: 10 ECTS credits
- Chemistry: 10 ECTS credits
- Physiology: 6 ECTS credits
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: 15 ECTS credits
- Genetics / Microbiology: 6 ECTS credits
- Other Biology Areas excluding the previous ones: 6 ECTS credits
- English language: B2 level knowledge.
Context of the Programme
The Master’s Degree course in Health Biotechnology is an extension of an Italian degree currently offered by the University of Calabria but with more depth of knowledge.
The objective of the programme is to meet the demands of an innovative training programme as part of the internationalization policy envisaged by the University of Calabria (UNICAL).
The master’s Degree encourages the continuity with the Bachelor Degree in Biological Science and Technology offered by the same university ensuring that a wider spectrum of graduates interested in biotechnology can achieve an adequate master level preparation to undertake their careers at an international level.
For the 2022-2023 academic year, 20 slots will be available for international students.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes of the Pogramme
Successfully selected candidates for the programme should expect the following results at the end of the programme:
- The Master’s Degree Course in Health Biotechnology will provide students with advanced knowledge, skills and ability to use the latest biotechnological methodologies for operating in the field of diagnostics, basic and applied research and therapeutic innovation.
- In addition, graduates will be able to interact with healthcare facilities and companies in the biomedical and pharmaceutical sectors dealing with drug-discovery.
- The course gives access to level III training: Specialization Schools, Level I and Level II Masters Courses, Research Doctorates.
Main Topics for the Programme
Structure and functions of the human body organs and organ’s molecular composition; research investigation in the biomedical and animal fields, applying “in vivo” and “in vitro” models; research investigation in the diagnostics field, through the management of bio-molecular technologies; structural and dynamic aspects of molecules aimed towards potential biotechnological interests.
Bioinformatics for molecular modelling and access to databases, with particular reference to genomics and proteomics and discovery of drug targets
Employability and Careers
Some candidates could be wondering, with all the interesting areas of concentration for the programme, where are they going to work at the end of the programme?
The truth is, the Masters Degree Programme in Health Biotechnology in the University of Calabria (UNICAL) will expose to diverse ideas that would be highly demanding in different health fields.
Graduates in Health Biotechnology can work as Biotechnologists in:
- research and development laboratories in the biotechnology field, in particular in the pharmaceutical, diagnostic, biomedical and food sectors;
- public and private companies oriented towards biological and microbiological analysis and to the quality control of organic products;
- companies in charge of drafting patent regulations on the exploitation of biotechnological products and processes;
- other public or private research institutes;
- hospitals; and
- Biotechnological companies.
- After passing the national qualification exam, graduates
can become professional Senior Biologists in Italy.
Recommended Scholarship Awards
Start your application at: University Of Calabria (Italian: Università Della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards.
Please do well to share this information to others.