Are you interested in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards for the 2023/2024 academic year?
Do you wish to apply for Master’s Degree programme in Computer Engineering for the Internet of Things in the University of Calabria (UNICAL)? I believe that by reading this article, you have responded positively to these questions above.
You are expected to know the Admission Requirements for Computer Engineering for the Internet of Things.
That is the first thing that you are expected to check before you can start the application for the programme.
This article has been carefully prepared for those who would be interested in the application of the Masters’ Degree Programme in the University of Calabria (UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Carefully read this post to the end if you are one those candidates that are applying for the programme.
Overview of MSc in Computer Engineering for the Internet of Things in UNICAL
Duration: 2 years
Start date: October 1, 2023.
Total number of hours (number of ECTS credits): 3000 hours (120 ECTS credits)
- MSc In Robotics And Automation Engineering | University Of Calabria, Italy
- MSc In Finance And Insurance | University Of Calabria Admission, Italy
- MSc In Physics | UNICAL International Scholarship Award, Italy
- MSc in Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking | UNICAL admission, Italy
- MSC In Artificial Intelligence And Computer Science | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Mathematics | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Nutritional Sciences | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Health Biotechnology | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- Admission Requirements For MSc In Chemistry | UNICAL International Scholarship
Before anyone could be offered admission into Masters Degree Programme in the Computer Engineering for the Internet of Things in University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) for the International scholarship award, there are certain qualification that such individual must possess.
The following are the minimum requirements for securing admission into MSc programme in Computer Engineering for the Internet of Things in UNICAL in UNICAL:
A minimum of three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a related field, with preference for graduates in Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering and Information Technology.
Context of the Programme
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a global and dynamic network, with an extended and pervasive connectivity between conventional calculating devices and new generation daily objects (Smart Objects).
Smart Objects give a digital alias to real identities, enabling their entrance into Internet of Things and gradually blending the border between the physical and virtual word.
In fact, the societies are witnessing a fundamental change of paradigm, moving from an Internet approach exclusively thought for human users to the Internet of Things centred on autonomous, intelligent, adaptive and interoperable Cyber-Physical devices, which have become providers and users of innovative services at the same time.
The Internet of Things will revolutionize any applicative context taking advantage from synergic technologies and methodologies from sectors such as Big Data, Cyber- Physical Systems, Opportunistic Networking, Autonomic and Cognitive Computing.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes of the Programme
The main Objective of the MSc in Computer Engineering for the Internet of Things is to train new professional figures who can work in diverse areas such as:
- Embedded System Designers (experts developing software for embedded systems used in Internet of Things systems)
- Internet of Things System Designers (experts developing IoT innovative systems and complete Internet of Things systems -heterogeneous too – in diversified application domain) and;
- Internet of Things Data Analytics Specialists (experts promoting solutions for Big Data analysis with particular reference to data produced by IoT systems).
Main Topics for the Programme
The students of MSc in Engineering for the Internet of Things in the UNICAL are going to concentrate their studies on the following topics:
- Low level and Embedded System programming
- Programming Internet of Things Systems
- Methodologies for Internet of Things design
- Internet of Things Security
- Cloud and Edge Computing
- Internet of Things Networking
- Big Data Management
- Electronics for Internet of Things Devices
Recommended Scholarship Awards
- Chevening Scholarship UK | Fully Funded
- USTC Scholarship China | Fully Funded
- York University Tentanda Via Awards for International Students in Canada
- Federal Government Scholarship for Bilateral Education Agreement
- University of Alberta International Scholarship Award
Employability and Careers
Graduates from a MSc in Computer Engineering for IoT can be employed in any the following areas at the end of the study:
- Embedded System Designer (a computer engineer that designs and develops embedded systems software)
- Internet of Things System designer (a computer engineer that designs and develops innovative IoT systems and provides solutions to integrate heterogeneous IoT systems in various domains)
- IoT data analytics specialist (a computer engineer that designs and develops big data analysis solutions specifically addressed to the IoT domain).
The skills and methodologies acquired in the study program, will enable graduates to either find employment or work as freelance for: companies specifically operating in the field of IoT systems development, system integrators and consulting companies, developers and providers of ICT applications and services.
- Internet of Thing.
- Big Data.
- IoT Security.
- IoT Interoperability.
- Embedded computing.
- Cloud/edge computing.
Read more about the application for the programme at: University Of Calabria (Italian: Università Della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards.
Please do well to share this information to others.