This article will give you every detail that you need about the MSc in Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards for the 2023/2024 academic year.
For so many international candidates who are interested in the application for the Masters Degree programme in the named field of study in the institution, you have to take this information very serious.
Before you can apply for any programme in the University of Calabria (Italian: Università della Calabria, UNICAL), it necessary that you should look out for the basic entry requirements and other important information about your chosen profession as stated by the school management.
The information presented in this article is going to guide you to know the specific direction that you are going about the courses. It will also help you to have a clear vision of what you are about to do.
Kindly go through this post if you are one of the candidates for the Masters Degree programme in Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking in University of Calabria (UNICAL) for the 2023/2024 academic session.
About MSc in Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking in University of Calabria (UNICAL)
Below is brief information that you need to have about the Masters Degree Programme in Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking in University of Calabria (UNICAL) for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Duration: 2 years
Start date: October 1, 2023.
Total number of hours (number of ECTS credits): 3000 hours (120 ECTS credits)
- MSc In Robotics And Automation Engineering | University Of Calabria, Italy
- MSc In Finance And Insurance | University Of Calabria Admission, Italy
- MSc In Physics | UNICAL International Scholarship Award, Italy
- MSC In Artificial Intelligence And Computer Science | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Mathematics | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Nutritional Sciences | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- MSc In Health Biotechnology | UNICAL Admission, Italy
- Admission Requirements For MSc In Chemistry | UNICAL International Scholarship
- A minimum of three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in any related field.
- Special preference shall be given to candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering and Information Technology.
Context of the Programme
The Master of Science (MSc) in Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking provides students with in-depth knowledge and practical skills on the design, development and management of advanced telecommunication systems.
Thanks to its markedly cross- curricular approach, it provides a multidisciplinary training with innovative courses in the areas of waves communication, computer science and telecommunication networks and systems.
The program offers lectures (in English), and learning-by-doing teaching with laboratories, seminars and internships in Telecommunications, Wavefield and Information Technology research centres and companies.
The final thesis project offers students the opportunity to develop further specific skills in the framework of hands-on experiences in international ICT research labs.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes of the Programme
- The MSc in Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking aims to provide the necessary skills to work in all areas of Telecommunication Engineering.
- The main objective of the programme is to train high-level professionals, with a solid background, a multidisciplinary knowledge on modern technology development, and the capacity to face the challenges for the development of a smart society.
- Notwithstanding, graduates will possess high expertise in IoT systems and applications, smart systems, wireless sensors, next-generation mobile networks (5G/6G), smart antennas, modern radar systems, machine learning, IoT security, cloud/edge computing, programmable networks and devices.
- Simulation and Performance Evaluation
- Networking aspects of the Internet of Things
- Antennas and Propagation
- IoT Sensor Device Programming
- IoT Mobile Device Programming
- Wireless Devices and Networks
- Telecommunication Systems Measurements
Employability and Careers
Some candidates could be wondering, with all the interesting areas of concentration for the programme, where are they going to work at the end of the programme?
The truth is, the Masters Degree Programme in Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking in the University of Calabria (UNICAL) will expose to diverse ideas that would be highly demanding in different fields as far as Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in concerned.
Graduates with MSc in “Telecommunication Engineering: Smart Sensing, Computing and Networking” find employment as experts in the:
- design, production and management of 5G and 6G telecommunication networks and systems;
- design, production and management of radar systems for smart mobility and localization;
- Development of advanced ICT applications aimed at different vertical markets (such as smart home, smart city, environmental monitoring, smart health and telemedicine).
Skills and methodologies acquired in the study program will enable graduates to either find employment or work as freelance for:
- network and telecommunication system operators and manufacturers,
- radio system operators,
- system integrators and consulting companies,
- developers and
- Providers of ICT applications and services.
Recommended Scholarship Awards
- Chevening Scholarship UK | Fully Funded
- USTC Scholarship China | Fully Funded
- York University Tentanda Via Awards for International Students in Canada
- Federal Government Scholarship for Bilateral Education Agreement
- University of Alberta International Scholarship Award
- How to Secure Admission and Study Abroad
- Smart sensors
- Smart systems
- 5G/6G networks
- Internet of Things
- Radar systems
- Wireless and mobile propagation
To know more about how to apply for the programme, kindly see: University Of Calabria (Italian: Università Della Calabria, UNICAL) International Scholarship Awards.